Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many fish have you caught from one spot at a time?
How many fish have you caught from one spot at a time?
[signature]
About 13 years ago, I took my 7 year old son and wife up to the Sierra's for our annual camping trip. We were getting up there late, and as the sun was just about setting, I decided we should get in an hour of fishing before we continued to head up the mountain (Eastern Sierra).

We pulled our motorhome into the almost-empty parking lot at Convict Lake near dusk. We probably had 30 minutes before it was too dark to fish. My wife began cooking up some spaghetti (she has no confidence!) while my son and I jumped out and ran down the trail to a spot on the lake where an old tree had fallen in.

I grabbed a little powerbait and stuck it onto a small treble hook. I cast it about 40-50 feet out, tightened up the slack and put my rod against the rocks to help my son. I cracked open a beer, took a quick sip, turned around and my pole was bent over like crazy! I hooked the fish and promptly gave it to my son to retrieve. I began baiting up his rod and then tossed it in a few feet from the first cast, just about the time he was ready to net the first fish. So I tightened up the slack of the second rod and layed it against the rock. As soon as I grabbed the net to handle the first incoming fish, the second rod bent down and nearly fell into the water! This continued on until we could no longer see each other ... it was so dark.

Within those 30-40 minutes we must've caught at least 30 trout in varying sizes all in the very same spot. We ended up keeping about 12 nice sized ones and returned the rest. That is one night that we will never forget!

Oh yeah, I never did have the chance to take another sip of that beer!
[signature]