Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unique Float Tube

Hey there Guys,

Here is an awesome float tube that will make you the center of attraction everywhere you go. Website address is http://www.powrtube.com. Product name is POW-R-TUBE.

Another product on the same webpage is the navigation kit they offer as an accessory. (JapanRon's translation: anything you can get on a float tube that will not cause it to sink.......immediately) The kit is comprised of a running light and pole and a red(port) and green(starboard) all-in-one-lantern. It's a bit pricy but they look good!

TubeDude, what's your definition of float tube accessory?

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]Ron San, that is an interesting setup. I have seen several like it, including some homemade versions. All I can say is if you want a motor on a float tube, why not go all the way and install twin Yamaha 150's?

The primary appeal of flotation fishing is the one-on-one, stealth mode, hand-to-fin combat thing. I like to be able to pick up my gear, trudge to the water, kick around unimpeded, enjoy the fishing and the silence, and then return to the beach and carry my gear back in one shot.

That being said, I plead guilty to hanging all the "necessary" bells and whistles I can on my well-appointed craft. I guess my definition of "necessary" is anything I might possibly ever need or use...that I can figure out some way to clip, snap, velcro or lash onto my craft...without rollover or capsizing it. Is that pretty close to your definition?
[signature]
How in the world would you attach that thing to a Fat Cat? The rear end goes up in a V...so how you set that up? Im sure if anyone can do it, its going to be Tubedude and JapanRon. So how would you guys do it?

Oh hey Tube Dude, im ready for more reading!!! This is fantastic information!
[signature]
[cool]Hey, JAM, I think the point I made in my initial response is that I would NOT even want to adulterate my lovely new craft with a motor. However, I have seen some setups that provided a separate small tube with the electric motor and battery rigged to be tied on or held and operated...to tow the tuber in whatever direction they wanted.

If you want a powered inflatable, buy a two man raft and hook up an electric or small outboard to a stern board. If that ain't enough, go for a Zodiac or Avon boat and pretend you are Jacques Cousteau...or a member of Greenpeace.

On the light reading...I think I have downloaded most of the chapters on tubing. I have a bunch of other stuff...like 50 plus pages on jig fishing, and several writeups on making your own leadhead jigs, etc. Shoot me an email or PM to remind me and I'll send more cure for insomnia. Don't operate heavy equipment during or after reading it.
[signature]
Please dont misunderstand me...I have no interest in a motorized float tube. Personally i think it would take away from the joy of being out there with nature. I was just wondering how in the heck you would rig that motor for certain tubes.

thanks

JA Martin
[signature]