Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell Trip 23/4
First trips to a great fishing place like Powell are certainly a learning experiance. The fishing was great for stripers but the cold water held the bass back. Hard to time a trip that hits that perfect water temp. But the stripers and the scenery make up for it. The place is an escape........
[signature]
What canyon is that your beached at?
[signature]
Nice cooler full o' fish you got there. Sweet boat too.
[signature]
Thanks. The pictures are of Iceberg canyon. The fish were mostly caught in Moki Canyon. But after cleaning them for three hours we limited ourselves to a dozen a day. Found best fish on main lake points and where rock humps and shallows were near by.
[signature]
thanks reelfast...... I am headed to Powell next weekend and Iceberg was on my list of canyons to visit and after i saw your pic I think that might be a decent place to try and camp. glad you had a good time, I hope to have a good report when i get back
[signature]
We went all the way to the Rincon. I wonder if when the stripers get real hungry if they will eat swimmers[laugh] I want to go back and make a run up to good hope Bay. Lake Powell fishing is pretty dynamic as some guys following our word on fishing lake points found limits of walleye lurking under those stripers. Just had to get it down to them. That would have been handy to try. Troutslayer did good up lake from BF. Its a coin toss which way to go. But the ever present stripers seem eagar to bite and provide action if the fish get lock jaw.
[signature]
Thanks for finally posting your report Dan[Wink]. I was starting to think you were not going to post about it. You know you've had a good time when you catch so many fish that you get tired of processing them[cool].
[signature]