Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the best lakes for float tubing in UT?
Where is the best lakes for float tubing in UT?
[signature]
[cool]Well, you are just fulla questions, aintcha? Let's take this one on first. I was largely responsible for getting float tubing started in Utah back in the mid 70's, and there aren't many waters I haven't dunked my donut. Without getting too wordy, here's a list of my personal favorites:

Willard Bay Reservoir...for wipers, walleyes and cats. Also crappies and smallies. Best launching is at the two marinas, and the beaches around the north marina.

Starvation Reservoir...for a few large browns and a lot of small wallies and smallies.

Pelican Lake for big bluegills and decent largemouths.

Steinaker for rainbows, big browns and largies.

Jordanelle for trout...and increasingly for lots of perch and some big smallies.

Deer Creek...for lots of rainbows, some good browns, a few largemouth, sometimes good walleyes and great smallmouth...at times. The formerly plentiful perch are fewer, but still some big ones.

Strawberry...one of the best float tubing and fly rodding waters in the states. Also productive with a range of jigs and hardware.

Utah Lake...kinda nasty shoreline and water, but great for white bass, walleye, largemouth and cats. Sometimes productive for crappies, bluegills and perch.

Yuba...REST IN PEACE. Breaks my heart. Used to be one of my favorites for HUGE perch and lots of willing walleyes.

Pineview...used to be great for crappies and largemouth. Now a good spot for lots of puny perch, some smallies and occasionally a tiger musky. The latter is not a good target from an inflatable.

There are lots and lots of small ponds and remote reservoirs that are ideal for float tubing...including some of the more close in lakes in the Uintas. If you have any particular water in mind, and need more info, don't hesitate to ask. Some of those waters have unique requirements for being able to launch, fish and beach safely and effectively.

Hope that's what you're looking for.
[signature]
Hey guys,
My favorite places to float tube in Utah are Steinaker Resorvoir,Red Fleet Resorvoir and Browne lake.[Smile]
[signature]