Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thumbs Down for "The Berry"
[unimpressed]
Strawberry was not so hot today. Went out of chicken creek zero fish for me. Tried about every fly box one hit on red and black bugger. My brother inlaw caught one cut didn't see many people catching much of anything. A few from the bank and a few with what looked like spinners. Not many fish turning. We hit the water about 7:45 am. Water temp was 45 to 47 I'm sure the water is still a little to cold but this was my chance to get to the berry and will probably be the only chance I get for awhile.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Wow. Sorry Da Berry treated you so poorly. Once the ice is all gone it can be touchy. But, just as the ice is pulling back, you can launch a tube or toon and fish right next to the ice with some amazing results sometimes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]it will get better. Your best shot for the rest of the year will begin around the end of September and go through iceup. Fall fishing on Strawberry can be legendary. Just watch the reports and try to get away when the crowds are not there.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks tubedude I believe that I have not ever had a bad day fishing even with broken boats in the past and ect. The most important thing to me is getting out and relaxing. Not to mention the Smiles on the kids faces, just hanging with mom and dad.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]As much as we all enjoy fishing...sometimes by ourselves...there are times when you need to add other family members into the equation. Those trips are the foundation of a lot of happy memories that last a lifetime. Sometimes those memories are what carry the day when the kids are faced with BIG decisions somewhere down the road.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It sounds like you know the basic rule of taking kids fishing...MAKE THE TRIP ABOUT THEM...NOT YOU. Keep them interested and occupied. When they get cold, bored or uncomfortable, it is time to end THEIR trip. Nobody should ever be forced to have fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Don't know if it will help, but I have fished the Barry around this time in the past.
My favorite flies are PURPLE/Black Gartside softhackle and a Wet Coachman dropper. I also fish them in 30 feet of water with a fast sinking line.

You fly fish, we will have to get together for a day on the Berry. Between us we can find them[cool]
[signature]
Tried about everything, talked to a few others and they said white buggers were working. I was using fast sink line and most of by buggers are weighted don't know what was up. Had a ton of fun so nothing lost. I don't fish strawberry very often. Most of my trips are in the middle of the week after May 1st so if that works I'll let you know next time I head out.
[signature]
I think I saw you out there if that is you in your avatar pic. I was the guy fishing by myself in the Fish Cat4 (recently tricked out by TD thanks!). The only fish I pulled in all morning was about a 20" cut foul hooked right in the belly which made for a great fight!
[signature]
Yes that was me. I noticed your ticked out tube and thought it looked a lot like TDs tube. Not bad. I'm planing some stuff for my toon. Hope your fishing goes well. Also hope the kids didn't get in the way they can get crazy. (Cousin in crime).
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad to help with the tube setups guys.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I figure if there are enough other craft out there that are rigged like mine that will help draw in the power squadron, the PWCs and the groupies who think they are me. That should leave me more quiet time to fish without the pesky interruptions.[/#0000ff]
[signature]