Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Da' Berry 4/28/07
Cousin and I went to Strawberry this morning, it was the first time this year I haven't had to wear thermals! We launched my 14 foot aluminum boat right at the Ladders, went out between the parking lot and the island to a previously marked GPS spot and were a little concerned that we didn't see any fish on the finder at all. We threw out the anchor anyway (didn't need it, not even a breeze all day) and decided to give it 15 minutes or so before finding a different spot. Within minutes we started catching fish! All right on the bottom, not showing up on the finder till they were on their way up with a jig in their mouths! The bite was hot between 7:00 and 9:30 a.m., then slowed down. I ended up catching 22 fish, and Arron caught 18, so 40 between us. 2 were over the slot, one at 22 1/2 and one really pretty 23 1/2 incher, and 1 Rainbow that went 21 inches! At about 10:00 the bite seemed to stop and we decided to give it another 1/2 hour. At almost 10:30 is when we had the last of many doubles, with Arron catching the Rainbow and me catching the 23 1/2 incher. We stayed another 1/2 hour then left. Calm conditions all morning, water temp 40 degrees, all fish caught jigging.
I saw MGB and a couple others at the gas station in Heber, he was pulling in as we were pulling out. Didn't see him on the lake so I don't know where he was, but can't wait for his report!
Here are a few pics.
The 23 1/2 incher and the Rainbow came home to join us for dinner!

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Man! That is one of the nicest days I've seen at the berry, but don't worry about me, I spent my day in a cleanroom dreaming about fishing.
[signature]
Wow no WWWW that is a great day. And it looks like you and some very nice fish.
[signature]
You sure did a lot better than we did. Unfortunately, my main outboard was not running well (I already spent a small fortune getting it worked on during the winter, so it is off to Lee's Marine real soon), so we weren't very mobile, and couldn't find many fish around The Strawberry Marina. I managed to catch two and my wife caught one. I lost one that felt like it was probably well over the slot. It was sure a beautiful day though, and time spent with my wife is always a pleasure.
[signature]
Nice Report and nice fish Randy. Thanks for sharing the pics.[Wink]
[signature]
With fuel cost , I don't plan on fishing that water much this year . Where is the rainbow pic ?
[signature]
We had a tough start but a fantastic finish. Started out at Horse Shoe Bay, only caught 1 rainbow in two hours of jigging. Headed over to East Portal Bay trolling and scouting all the way from Horse Shoe Bay. Picked up 4 trolling and 0 jigging at EPB. At 12:00 we decided to relocate so we headed over to the Knolls, finally picked up my first fish at 12:30. From that point on it was good. Boating and releasing over 6 dozen in the next 6 hours between 3 of us. All fish where caught jigging in 35'-40' of water. LuvtoATV had the hot stick catching half of them.

In the morning when we where pulling up to Horse Shoe Bay we seen a deer swiming across the Bay. It appeared it swam from the entrance to the narrows all the way to the oppisite side of the bay. That must be about 3/4 of a mile, surprised the heck out of me. I will post a picture of it tommorow.
[signature]
Nice fish and an even nicer day! Good for you! Thanks for the report/pics. I gotta get up there.
[signature]
Pictures:

1. FishingPro's 22.5" cutt. Two over the slot limit where caught plus two rainbows.

2. Typical cut and typical jig.

3. Doubles. LuvToATV releasing his while FishingPro is bring his to the boat.

4. Deer swimming across the bay.
[signature]
Cool pics mike. Should have thrown a pole to the deer and did some trolling a la doe! Pretty cool.
[signature]
Good to see you are out there slaying some fish . I thought I knew the berry well but I never heard of Horse Shoe Bay . No need to tell me where you are , I wont be hitting it very often this year . Those deer are really good swimmers . I've see it many times . What I want to see is a bear swimming up there . Now that would be a hoot .
[signature]
Sounds really fun. I need to get me a little boat like that. No pics of the Bow?
[signature]