Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge Report 04/26-04/28
Went to FG with three kids and my father-in-law. We had a great time trolling around catching macks. Water temps are still cool - about 45 in most spots. We caught a few wherever we fished, Swim, Antelope, Anvil, Gold Point, and even a nice 15 lber out of Lynnwood. Over the three mornings we ended up boating about 15 mack ranging from over 24 lbs to 10 lbs. All were caught on bottom trolling pop-gear. Fishing is not super hot but not bad either. Starting to see some fish show up on the normal humps, should be getting real good here in a couple weeks. Also talked to Tarpon Jim who thinks it's cold in Utah, Sockeyeslayer and a couple other BFT lurkers. Weather was great, a little W on Thursday PM but none otherwise. We caught a ton of rainbows in the afternoons in the bays either trolling lures or casting spoons. Tried for Kokes at Pipe and caught a bunch of bows, trolled behind Sockeyeslayer uplake and had two Kokes release themselves but nothing to the boat. Oh well, I'll try again in a couple weeks. Overall a relaxing three days catching at the Gorge. Also put my new Humminbird 997SI to the test, I'll post on that next week when I get a chance to download some screen shots of the humps - a pretty cool piece of fishing geekness.
[signature]
What were the water temps up at the Gorge? I hope to make it up there this summer for some smallies, I haven't been there for 15 years or so. I don't mean to hijack your post but do the campgrounds at the marinas have power at the sites? I would have to charge my batteries at night.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Can't wait to read the report on the new sonar and see the screen shots! Thanks![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Glad you got into them. Good report and I'm glad the weather cooperated! I also will be looking forward to Hummingbird report!

Wyobraz
[signature]
Great to see you and the kids at the lake, We picked up 17 Kokes over the two day's with some rainbows and pup macks mixed in ....... It is still early and the water temps still need to come up some, but it was nice to see silver in the net again. The biggest was 3.6 pounds 21 1/4 inches but really thick. The fish look really healthy and I am hoping for a good year. The hot baits were the U.V. pink and Orange squids behind my Hyper Plaid dodger. The Orange glitter Apex did catcha few as well! Anyway good to see you my friend
Jared Johnson R.M.T.
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip with the family. Lookin' forward to seein' more on the new sonar.
[signature]
sounds like you had a blast again. thanx for sharing but wheres the pic,s? kids n big fish. next weekend im up there sat and sun with jim again.
[signature]
Left the camera in the boat, it's parked in my office warehouse. Should be a blast with Jim, the fish are starting to come onto the humps.
[signature]
be careful with that sonar it most likely will cause us to have to dig out our wallets. Thanks for the report. Looking forward to seeing the screen shots from that Humming Bird. Dan
[signature]
piscis, It was nice talkin to ya at the villa motel. I finally got my password.We fished Sat & Sun only caught the pups biggest was 16 lbs. Beautiful weekend though. Sounds like you did all right. thanks for the report.
[signature]
Is that the new hummingbird that looks like photos? I'll have to keep checking out utah to see this thing. The commercials look awesome!
[signature]
Likewise drifter, glad to hear you got a few as well, and you're right, the weather was phenomenal. Guess I'll go again in a couple weeks.
[signature]
Don't know how I missed this post! Great report piscis! Sounds like you had a great time as usual.

Thanks again for the report!
[signature]
Great report Jared! I missed this one in the shuffle I guess! Sounds like the kokes are heating up! I was talking to thefireman (wally) today and he was telling me how well your uv squids have been working. It sounds like you have had some success of your own!

Ive been using your spinners a lot at Deer Creek and we've been catching a lot of browns and bows. They really hold a glow charge well! Anyways, thanks for the report, and keep them coming! I'll report when I return from my trip!

Talk to ya later, bkidder
[signature]