Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear river report 04-28-07 (Deweyville) pics
I just got back from bear river and had a fairly good night. We launched at Deweyville boat ramp and went upstream. We took home 4 catfish, the two largest were 18" and 19". All the cats we brought to the boat were on chicken livers, but we also tried blood bait, worms, and minnows.

Have a great day all.

[inline catfish.jpg]

[inline catfish1.jpg]
[signature]
Nice catch. I really need to get into some kitties soon, my wife is getting impatient for some blackened fillets
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report John, it's been a while since I've read one of your reports. What was the water temp and how deep was the water at the ramp?
[signature]
Man, you guys gotta stop putting up pics of cats! I think it is time to get serious about kitties. Well, right after i get my musky fix.[Wink] Is the river at summer flows or up a little? How far up river did you go. I used to walk up about 2 miles and fish all night. Alot of wierd noises there though at night. I also saw the northern lights there on night a few years ago. Very cool.
[signature]
The kids and I have been doing other things so my personal hobbies have to take a back seat to some other family hobbies like bike riding and geocaching. I like to take the kids fishing but I have to be wise about when and where, like after dark is not so great with all my young'uns. By the way the wife is "with child" yeah #6.

Not sure on water temp but it felt warm especially after dark. We did hit a few sand bars on the way upstream but overall the river was deep enough but the water level seemed to drop while we fished after dark. The problem was with the battery on the fish finder so I was without a finder on this trip.
[signature]
The water level seemed to be a bit low but good enough to get my 12' boat upstream. I just checked Google earth and I went about 2 miles upstream from the boat ramp and that is where I caught the biggest ones.

We listened to pheasants, and wild turkeys. I think the freakiest noises are when those dern beavers slap their tails right next to the boat in the dark when your vision is not that good, you can't see them but you sure know something is coming to get you.
[signature]
The first time we heard that tail slap it was pitch black and about 3 am. We almost took off running even not being able to see anything.[shocked]
[signature]