Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC 4/29
Well as always had fun up there, and the new boat is runnin great, but i must have been rollin in skunk stink!

The started off runnin late, wrangling the kids and getting them ready and getting the boat loaded up. Then runnin to Wally World for a new license for the wife and misc lures i've lost on previous trips. didnt make it out on the water till 11:00 AM, then the wind picked up a bit. Saw a few boats catchin and and saw most of them were runnin pop-gear or rapalas, so tried the same myself. My rod went nuts for just a second then, nothing. Then my wifes line started strippin off, and stoped. Checked hers and the worm was gone. That was the extent of the action for the day. Tried for a few more hours, using everything in the tackle box but still nothing but a sunburn.
Oh well, was a good time, and sure is nice to be out in a big boat when i got the lil guys with me. And really nice to have the cuddy to get out of the sun for a bit. Havta try it again soon! Maybe play hooky sometime this week[Tongue]!
[signature]
Too bad the catching was slow for you but like you said, a late start is bad when trout fishing. At least you had a good day with the family, thats what counts. Were there a lot of people up there? WH2
[signature]
There were quite a few up there lining the banks, and a lot of campers at both campgrounds. Also alot of boats but most seemed to be fishing, the WS brigade didnt seem to be out at all, guess the water is still a bit cold. We did see some fish being caught when we first got there, but seemed to die down for everyone by aroud 1ish.
[signature]