Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally caught a fish...
.. I went out Saturday morning to a local lake that I fish and went to a spot where recent report has said there was a lot of crappie activity...sooooo..

I was using a fly that FG sent me a while back with a hares ear dropper... I was well with in the first hour or so of my time on the lake..

I had cast out about 15 to 20 feet or so and was slowly retrieveing my line when I felt the hit.. that kind of small electric shock feeling where you know it is not a snag on a rock or some other obstruction..

Slowly pulled my line in and was getting just enough resistance to tell me there was a fish on the hook... it was not fighting or jumping like a bass or trout would so was not sure what I had hooked..

After about a minute maybe less I had my first fish on my new rod landed.. it was a smallish (1/2 pound or so) channel catfish.. not exactly the fish I wanted but a fish none the less...

All I can say is I spent about another 2 hours or so on that lake.. with and occassional nibble but no more hook ups.. it was exhausting.. it was fun.. and most of all...

[font "WST_Czec"][red][size 6]I was not skunked this time[/size][/red][/font]. ....... [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
RIGHT ON! I know the feeling though. "What was I doing, How fast was my retrieve, did I wait and let it sink...what did do to catch this one?!"
Same thing I was saying Saturday night. First cast, nice fish. I couldn't buy one after that. But Sunday morning it was Fly Fishing Dry Dropper 101, by The Goddess,[cool]
[signature]
but see that is WHY you are the GODDESS...lol.. but thank you for all the support.. it is appreciated.. btw.. it was one of the flies you sent me in the pink plastic box that I caught that fish on.. Sad part.. I later lost that fly.. and.. to top that all off.. I have no idea what the name of the fly is.. [unsure]

MacFly
[signature]
Can you describe it. I will get a new supply started for you, but keep kicking me in the bum[Wink]
[signature]
if I had to describe it.. Id say it along the line of a marabou Muddler.. except the "head" was covered with a plastic cone..on the top of the fly just behind the hackle was dark green that blended out to a med brown color... the "underbelly" of the fly was a lighter color.. Im thinking yellowish tan.. if that makes sense.. and Id say it was tied on a number 6 hook (mid sized big but not huge.. lol.. ).. hope that helps..

MacFly
[signature]