Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer lake reports
My dad and I went out to deer lake yesterdsay and we could see hundreds of fish in our depth finder but no bites[mad]In about two weeks we might head up to strawbery and just set up a camp but my dad and I are also thinking right at five on friday we will head out to the flaming gorge( were I caught my first trout). has anyone gone to deer yer if you have tell me if you got any bites.
[signature]
Is Deer Lake the same as Deer Creek??? [cool]
[signature]
yep[cool] but thats what I call it(around provo right?)
[signature]
Spent a few hours on Deer Creek today from about 8-12 and got nothing but skunk. First skunk in three years. I trolled with my favorites and casted tube jigs. I diddn't see many on the finder either. Better luck next time.[unsure]
[signature]
We have great success at deer creek every spring. The best bait for bows this year have been pop geer and worm, the best for browns has been Rocky Mountain Tackle glow spinners behind their dodgers. A lot of people also swear by rapalas, so don't rule those out either! What were you guys using? Trolling or jigging, or what?

Good luck, on deer creek and strawberry!
[signature]
macscabin, you are not alone. I tubed Wallsburg Bay last night from 6-8 and didn't even get a nibble. I normally fly fish but the predicted wind made me take the spinning rod. I was casting wooly buggers in black and chartreuse, and used Daredevil and Jakes lures, and no one was interested. Saw several rolling carp. Water temp was 54 degrees.
[signature]
I tried rapalas, humdingers behind two dodgers and also cripplures these have been highly successful for me in the spring in the past at DC. I wonder if the full moon had something to do with it? I guess we all have to smell of skunk at times that is why we call it fishing not catching.[Wink]
[signature]
we were using buzz bate, worms and any thing I thought would work i jiged and trolled but nothing worked?[pirate]
[signature]
killifish and I hit Deer creek last week and caught a bunch of nice Bows'. It wasn't hot but we caught plenty of fish and left at noon. Mostly around the Island. On raps and spoons. No Browns this time.
[signature]
that would have been fun. my dad and i are gonna stay out a little later and shine a light on the water so they come up to eat on the bugs.
[signature]