Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
penn 4/0s
Help Guys,<br>Are there any fishermen out here using penn 4/0s for small sharks? If so, what line and tackle are you using?<br>I picked up a couple of almost new reels and would like to try them this weekend for my first shark trip!If everything goes good i'll invest in bigger reels for future trips.But this will have to do for now.<br>TIGHT LINES,TIM<br><br>
Hey Tim,<br> I have used 4/0's for fishing smaller blues, makos, and threshers. But I mean smaller. I would not recommend them for fishing any larger size sharks. <br> I normally fish 30# or 40# depending on the size of the fish and the line capacity that I am in need of. Hope this helps. Good luck!!<br><br>Milo
How big are the Sharks & what kind are they..?<br><br>If your on your own boat & have time, a 4/0 will get ya by, ya might have ta run it down if ya get to low on line but That could be FUN .<br><br>40 lb. will work, if the shaks get beeg on `Accident…<br>you’ll be in for a ride…. [Wink]
Thanks CAPT DAN and Milo<br>I'll be going after 150-225 makos and blues,thats about as far out as i want to try for the first shark trip and thats 25 miles out in the atlantic from long beach n.y. <br>I just got a stand up combo with a penn 6/0 today it came with 50lb on it and i'll put 40lb on my 4/0s and see what happens.<br>TIGHT LIES,TIM<br><br>