Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A rock-n and rollin at Willard
Well Luke72 and I headed up to Willard today as we have not fished togather in a long time, gambled on the weather and we lost. We arrived at the north Marina and the wind was a BLOWING, but it did not look that bad. Well looks are very deciving. We kicked out of the channel and everything was just a rock-in. We fished mor maybe an hour in the open fighting to try and stay in one place. Well after not so much as a tease we hwaded into the marina and tried our luck there and still nothing. We left about 11:30 with the skunk on, figureing we neded to atleasst catch one fish, we headed back to SLC to hit one of the local Community ponds to play with the hatchery pets. That was pretty fun as I tried to see how many different baits I could catch them on. The one the seamed to do the best was a small bead head behind a bobber. So the day was not a total loss as had a good time, plaed with a few little bows and got soe much needed fresh air.

Majja

PS water temp was 62 degrees at around 630-700 ish I do not remember what it was when we left.
[signature]
This weather pattern we're going to have for the next few days is a bummer. The temps will drop a few degrees but it will still be warm. The weatherman on TV made it sound like some huge drama, I had to laugh. Atleast you got some fish, though! Are you going to clue us in on the local pond? Just a hint, I'll figure out the rest [Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have a theory about Willard. Anytime you plan a trip more than one day ahead, Mama Nature has time to whup up some suitable "welcome" for you. Seems like almost every trip I have planned for several days gets wiped out...and not by wipers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Still...we ARE in a "transition" period...from winter to summer. Probably no spring involved. There seems to be a lot more serious wind in both the spring and fall transition times. You just have to try to hit it right...especially if you only have a limited amount of recreation time...or a tough time getting kitchen passes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hang in there. One of these days the sun will come out and the fish will come forth...and the mighty W shall be still. And then we can all gather upon the waters and sing the song from "Annie".....TOMORROW...TOMORROW.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I was out there also. Launched at So. marina around 10. Wind would kick up and make thing kinda rough but then would disappear and things would mellow out for awhile. I spent most of the day hiding behind the dike which helped also. I was surprised (pleasantly) by the willingness of the fish. I was expecting the incoming front to shut things off. Quite the opposite was true.
[signature]
You catch anything Chad?
[signature]
Yes Sir. Shasta Hummdingers were the ticket! Best day of the year for me so far.
[signature]
which one? the silver blue 1/2oz?
[signature]
[Wink]writing a book? Just kiddin, all silver 1/2 oz. trolled sloooooooow right behind the boat (25ft). Didn't seem to matter if I was using the electric motor or the gas. They weren't shy at all.
[signature]
cool ill have to try that one , i like the silver blue its done well for me in the past
[signature]
Your a fish tramp!
[signature]
I think it was Willow. It was the first time I had been there. It is the pond over by Murry Park Golf coarse.
[signature]
[sly]Indeed![Wink]
[signature]
Yea that is what I told Luke the W god hates me. Do to Lukes Schedule I just do not get to fish with him that often, and when I do I usually have to take off work to do it. Oh well. Evan though no kittie krispers for dinner we still had fun.
[signature]