Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog Creek
Even with the cold front I have assperations of going to dog creek sat. .I hope to get around to the back area, this time.
[signature]
I am new to this board, mainly hang around a different FF board. But I found some interesting stuff here about places I have either fished or have wanted to fish.

Idahopanfish,
Just wondering if you fished Dog Creek and how it is? I am assuming this is the little place N. of Gooding? I drove back to it once, just to see what it looked like, but have never fished it.

twinfly
[signature]
Yes I have but so far this year all I have found is some planter trout. However it is a good fisheries with many varieties includeing the tiger musky. I never made it last weekend cause of the wind and Sat is busy this and not sure if my wife wants to go fishing on Mothers Day.
[signature]
I had read on the F&G site that there were Tiger Musky. Didn't know if this was old info, or if they were still in there. Any advice on how to catch them? Might have to give it a go with a big nasty fly! Smile
[signature]
Welcome to the site Twinfly. I think you will find that there are a few of us fly flingers that hang out here at BFT. Hope to hear from you in the future.

Windriver
[signature]
My understanding is that the muskie guys use perch as their bait, so afly like a perch would probably work. Better have a HEAVY leader for them teeth of theirs.
[signature]
Well I actually have some streamers that would work perfectly, an 8wt., sink tips, and even a steel leader. Course if they don't get that big in there my 5 wt would probably work and be a heck of a fight. Might have to put it on my list of things to experiment with this year. Smile

Any idea if there is a better time of year to actually catch the critters than at other times? I guess I need to go do a little Internet research! Thanks for the info so far.

twinfly
[signature]