Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay
Wind made boat control tough today. The waves never got too bad but the constant wind on the high profile of the boat sure sucked. The entire south end near the inlet channel was mudded up pretty good. They must be letting a good bit of water in and with the rain the last few days its probably going to be muddy there for a while. I fished the north marina, south marina, and the west dike. Fishing was slow and results were spotty. I didnt really find an area that seemed to be holding fish. I did manage a couple though. They hit a bitsy bug. I must be getting old cause the weather made my jaw and knees hurt. A few guys fishing the north marina and a few trucks out ouf the south marina. Not very many boats out on the water while I was there.
[signature]
So what did you end up managing? What kind of fish? Rough going hopefully it picks up here shortly. I miss willard already except for the mosquitos which look to be quite bad this year.
[signature]
predator how deep was the water in the south marina please post if you know thanks
[signature]
Hey Predator, you managed a few catfish or shad? I know the master must have caught something better than that. What area did you catch your fish? What is a bitsy bug? When we were at the south marina on thursday the water coming down the baffles was coming in fast and steady. WH2
[signature]
You guys are too funny. The fish were wipers. I dont know how deep it was in the actual south marina. I only fished in the channel next to the marina. I launched at the north marina. WH2, The west dike was where I got my fish. Nothing consistent though. What I like to see is a nice group of fish holding somewhere. If you find them you usually can go back to them each day until they move out into the bay for the rest of the year. A bitsy bug is a strike king skirted jig. I went black and blue with a pork trailer due to the murky water and overcast sky. I hav e found ealry season wipers are more about retrieve speed rather than lure selection. Greens, whites, blues, whatever, just cast it out there, let it sink for a bit and find the right retrieve speed. Of course that is once you have found the fish. Who knows where they will hold up this year. The last couple years things have really been abnormal compared to what used to be predicatable spring locations.
[signature]
Good to here you caught a few,Did you get a new boat?

curious because you where talking about it,what was the water temp?I have a few days off next week and want to clear the cobwebs out of the eyelets on the fishing pole.lol

sounds like the shad are spawning from the other reports,the wallaye should be getting ready for the spring fling,did you try for the walleye?

Thanks for any info

Tony[cool]
[signature]
Did I get a new boat? Yes and no. I did get a new boat but I dont have it yet. Its currently at the factory being built.

This is a photo of what it will look like only a different color with a bunch of junk attached to it for fishing.

[url "http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/BASS8424/PageAlbumFishing+picsPageNumber2Pic14Fullview.htm"][Image: BASS8424CustomImage0458231.jpg][/url]

I didnt even try for the eyes. I went out after wipers and missed the walleye bite completly.
[signature]
[cool]VERY NICE[cool]

Riding in style.

Later,Tony[cool]
[signature]
Were you fishing east of the light pole? You, used a pork trailer, I've never heard of anyone using a pork trailer for wipers, wow, I learned something new today. When wiper fishing gets tough, use a bitsy bug and a pork trailer,(note to self, buy some bitsy bugs and pork trailers). WH2
[signature]