Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAS PRICES GOIN UP...STILL
[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage1192743.jpg]I THINK THIS ABOUT SUMS IT UP. WHIMPER, WHIMPER.

DON'T KNOW WHO THEY GOT TO ARRANGE THE LETTERING ON THE SIGN.
[signature]
i thought you were talking about the price of a coney dog , up .75 c this week alone , oh the humanity of it all ! whats a skinny feller like me gonna do ?

what lame excuse do you think there going to use to keep these prices here after we open up that can of whop butt ?
[signature]
[cool]Now you are talking about a pet peeve...next to the price of food. I know folks in the wholesale oil and gas business who have confirmed that they raise prices at the pump far in advance of any higher priced oil hitting the refineries. If Saddam sneezes, we pay more at the pumps.

The awful flip side of that is when crude oil prices drop, the refineries do not pass the savings along until well after they have disposed of their higher priced stocks. Even then, price drops do not keep pace with the drops on a barrel of crude.

Don't know if you have any investments in oil stocks, or if you follow the profit pictures of the major players, but you can be assured that they are not suffering proportionate to the general public and to many industries that rely on plentiful and affordable fuel to operate.

I just hope the impending "action" in Iraq doesn't affect the price of burritos. That's my source of natural gas for propelling my Super Fat Cat across the waters. Plenty of oil premixed in 'em too. No fancy mix ratios necessary. But, they do tend to foul my plugs...nose plugs that is. Maybe I should see if I can pick up one of those new model gas masks everyone is raiding the surplus stores for.
[signature]
[Image: 27_laughing.gif][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4][Image: 27_laughing.gif][Image: 27_laughing.gif] Tubedude,

Just don't eat too much Tapatio hot sauce!![Image: 27_laughing.gif] [Image: 27_laughing.gif]
You might have an accident in your waders along with burning sensations![Image: 27_laughing.gif] [Image: 27_laughing.gif] [Image: 27_laughing.gif] [Image: fullmoon.gif] [Image: butthead.gif] [Image: badair.gif] [/size][/font][Image: hot.gif]
[signature]
[cool]That's the wimpy stuff. I'm up to mainlining Daves Insanity. You can weld with that stuff. Also works for cauterizing wounds. And, after awhile, there is no burning sensation. No sensation at all. Just a kind of numbness throughout the whole body. Eat enough of that stuff and they wouldn't have to embalm you when you died...just roll you around to put out the flames. Yes sir...spontaneous human combustion.
[signature]
oh man , somebodys gonna put me in the ha-ha hotel i'm laughing so hard !

the neighborhood i grew up in had a strong mexican-american community . this gestado gringo can eat the chillies and jalopinoes with the best of them . frank's , louseanna , and tobasco are just flavored ketchup . theres a hotsause company (in kentuckey i think) that makes a line of hot sause , hotter than hell , atomic blast , damn hot , and i think three others that come with warnings on the label . there hot ! but not much in flavor . so i make my own . the great thing about home grown sause is that just about anything can be used for flavor , limes , oranges , wine , papaya , chocalate , different herbs and spices too !

ssor had a post a while back on crude oil a while back , he said were paying for oil we bought back in the seventys , we refilled some of our depleted oil feilds with imported stuff .
[signature]
you are correct about lined pockets getting deeper, they use any excuse to raise prices, a week end a holiday, John wilks Booth's birthday is used as an excuse to raise profits.

provided you could buy oil stock (blue chip) you would make a bundle, except when they use the excuse that war is raising the price of oil when the truth of the matter is that the United States Government is buying up all brands and grades of refined fuels. This is the main reason for the price hike, not a shortage. the government gaurentees a high price for the product it buys and this in effect raises the unit price hike on our end.

I have seen this 6 times in my life span. it is fact and not fiction. Nixon managed to do the vary same thing back in the 70's with out war, buying and hording semi refined crude oil and pumping the stuff back in to the oil caverns in california.

there was a large article on this subject published in time magazean at the time nixon was doing this.

even the Iraques will make out like bandits on this deal. and for that matter already have.
[signature]