Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOAT HELP
I just got a new boat well new to me anyways it is a 1983 lund with a inboard motor and i would like to have somebody look at it to make sure it is mechanicaly safe to take out on the water the person i got it from said it ran real good till the end of the season it started cuttin out so i would like to make sure it is not gooing to cut out on me i live in herriman but would take it to just about any where as long as they are a good honest mechanic because i know nothing about boats thanks
[signature]
Lee's in Hyrum.
[signature]
You can buy a garden hose hookup for your inboard to run at your house. If it's a 4 or 6 cylinder just do the standard stuff - new spark plugs & wires, check the points, spray some carb cleaner. While it running look for loose bolts, leaks(fuel & water) and anything out of the ordinary. also replace the fuel filter and maybe add some gas additive if the gas has been stored without stabilizer.

Total cost should be less than $100 and it sounds like it should be done to eliminate those parts as potential problems.

Check the charge on your battery -- make sure your starter cables and battery terminals are clean and tight.

Sometime if you run you engine in the dark you can see shorts arcing acrossed and maybe causing rough running.

Good luck -- Hope to see you on the water and see someone who knows there boat is dependable because they did their workhome.
[signature]
I would take your boat to Lee's in Hyrum. I just started taking my boat there this year. He knows what he is doing and you can trust him. He provided me with his cell # so I could call him when I was on the lake trying out a new prop, just in case I needed any help..
[signature]
Thanks ill try that first i hope there is nothing major
[signature]
How much do they charge to look at it just to diagnose it do you know if he has a set shop rate
[signature]
Will lee work on a Evinrude outboard?
[signature]
He does have set shop rate of $80 an hour. It is $5 more then Peterson Marine but I really trust Lee and his work. I live in ogden and drive the 40 min to Hyrum, because it is worth the extra time and money to have Lee work on it.
[signature]
I am not sure if he works on Evinrude outboards. I know he is certified with mercury. I just had him service my Nissan kicker motor. So he might.
You can send him an email and he is great about getting back with you. His email address is [url "mailto:leesmarine@yahoo.com"]leesmarine@yahoo.com[/url] His phone # is 435-245-7727. Good luck
[signature]
Lee works on all out boards
[signature]