Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon Report
Went up to EC this morning and was really suprized to only find 3 other boats on the water by 730. Water was calm so we headed south to the bouyes. Fish were everywhere. By 1200 we netted 48, kept 6 that could not be released. Magic speed was 1.2 at a dept of 18 feet. Anything over 1.5 and they didn't want to take anything. Rocky Mountain Tackle pink UV squid behing a crushed pink dodger trailing downrigger ball at 45 feet. Only one big fish, the reast were cooky cutter size 16 to 18. The big one was 22.5 inches. Okay so it isn't that big, but for EC not bad. Temp probe on the transducer isn't working so I couldn't get a temp.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! Sounds like you guys had a great day. I would be happy with the 22"!
[signature]
Sounds like a fantastic day! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Where's the pics???
[signature]
Halo....I know who your fishin partner was so I'm figuring you must have netted 47 all by yourself....you musta been all wore out by the end of that day! How'd your boat run ?
[signature]
How far behind the flasher do you run the Squid with that kind of setup????? Is speed the important thing or is the color of the flasher\suid OR BOTH?
THANKS for The Report!!
[signature]
We sell the squids with a 30 inch leader so you can cut it at what ever length you like. But for me, I cut it about 10 inches. By keeping the squid within 10 - 12 inches , or sometimes even shorter, it will pick up the movement of the dodger. As far as speed goes, the rainbows at EC seem to like slow. The closer I can stay to 1 MPH the better. As the wind came last week, we caught very few with the wind to our back becuase it was moving us at 1.8 to 2.0. When we made our turn into the wind we could control the speed and kept it at 1.0 - 1.2. That is when we were slaming them. Color also made a difference. We tried the green and purple squids with no success. It was a pink day for sure. All fish came off of the pink UV squid.
[signature]
Boat ran great. Thanks for asking. Partner did well until all the beer was gone. He had to drink it all himself as I was doing the driving. You need to go the next time and forget about work for a day
[signature]