Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not in my soup!
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Wouldn't want to find this fly in my soup bowl. Anyone have a name for this fly?[/size][/green][/font][/center] [center]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=25031;][/center]
[signature]
That looks like some kind of Leech Pattern tied out of some Zonker Strips.[cool]
[signature]
True enough or out of Possum, but it looks long enough to be a stinger. Could be MINK also
[signature]
[center][cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]You guys are good. It's called a TRIPLE THREAT Articulated Leech
[/size][/green][/font][/center]

[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3] [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hooks - Size 4 long-shank streamer [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Thread - Heavy black, e.g. Danville Monocord or Flymaster Plus. [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Head - Weighted Conehead. (Optional) [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Underbody material - .020 to .030 lead wire. (Optional) [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Joint - 30 # monofilament [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Body - Stripped Rabbit, black [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Gill - Rabbit hair or similar material, red [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Body Flash - Flashabou, black. (Optional)
[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Triple threat =

Threat to yourself
Threat to the guide in the boat with you
Threat to the fish.
[signature]
[reply]
Triple threat =

Threat to yourself
Threat to the guide in the boat with you
Threat to the fish. [/reply]

[#002850]With the exception of a threat to fish, I agree with this assessment of my fishing style and abilities...][/#002850]
[#002850][/#002850]
[#002850]MacFly [cool][/#002850]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there Scruffy_Fly I can't fit a guide on my float tube.[Wink][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Uuhh haa -

So where is the 3rd part of the triple threat?
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Well I neglected to include the following commentary for this fly:[/size][/green][/font] [font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][/size][/green][/font] [font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]By definition, the articulated leech is two or more flies, joined to make one long, wiggly, artificial. The size in itself is enough to draw attention, but its lifelike swimming motion adds a degree of realism that drives fish nuts. Most often, it's tied in black, but various colors and flashy materials can also be used to create the ultimate attractor. [/size][/green][/font]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]For increased motion on the triple, you can add weight to the head of the first fly, the tail of the second fly, and the head of the third fly. For a double, add weight to the head of the first, and tail of the second. When you fish them with a strip retrieve, they bend at the joints, and then straighten with a strip, resulting in a swimming leech.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
So ya'll are saying that this leech is actually two to three small flies in one...it that right.. and in doing this as a "jointed" fly it has a better swimming action when stipped in????

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
there aint no fish in my soup, so there aint no reason for there to be no flies in my soup neither....[Tongue]

kinda looks like a long haired mink... or a red headed black squril...[sly]
[signature]