Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 05-12-2007
Hit Willard early Saturday Morning with BEARCLAW. We launched and was on the water by 0630 hrs. Launched at the South Marina. No problems.

Headed straight out and to our Fishing grounds. Started markin fish around 6 foot area. Fished until noon. By then the wind picked up pretty good. Caught a few fish. HAd a great time. Thanks For coming out with Me Chad. Enjoyed the company and look forward to goin out again brotha. Thanks

Here is a couple pics

RILEYFISH.
[signature]
RILEYFISH, I love it a Cowboys shirt on Utah waters, that makes my day. LOL

[center][#ffff00][size 6]Go Pokes[/size][/#ffff00][/center] [center] [/center] [left]Later Wyobraz [/left]
[signature]
Hey BRAZ,

I am a big Pokes fan. My daughter goes to UW. MOms side of the family is from Wyo. I have spent a great many days growing up fishing the great state of Wyoming. Looking forward to many more.

Still have alot of family up that way
[signature]
I was wondering if you were going to post a report. I'm glad I got a chance to talk to you before you left on Saturday and thanks for the info you shared. After talking to you we trolled North along the West dike, then East along the North dike. We ended the day at 4pm trolling from the South East corner(by the freeway), toward the island. We caught a wiper in that area. Hopefully this is the beginning of "Wiper season". Thanks for posting your report Mark, hope to see you next time.
[signature]
Hey RILEYFISH, that was awful nice of you to let Chad hold your fish for a picture!!![Wink]
[signature]
Hey John,

He also brought the beer. And he held my beer while I reeled in the fish. LMFAO.
[signature]
Awesome weather until the friggin W showed up. Can't wait to do it again Mark. Thanks again for the boat ride.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Good to see that you guys got out there and hooked up on a few. I was out there recently but wasn't able to boat any wipers. I'm hoping that they start to get a little more active soon.[/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
hEY OLD cOOT,

It was a little slow, had a good time until the big W came up, started to white cap on us, Called it a day. Should pick up soon I hope. We probably would have done better if you would have been with us.[Wink]
[signature]
the AnglinAngel and myself launched from the south marina about 3 ish the same day and headed for the south west corner. we found wipers holding allong the south dike 'bout 75' to 100' off the rocks. we hooked into 4 fish, but only boated 3 of them. nice chunkey wipers too, especially compared to all the hundreds of starving stripers we slayed down at powell a few weeks ago. it was nice to boat some fish with some meat on their bones. glass shad raps trolled between 3 and 4 mph. were the ticket. laters
[signature]
I went out tubing at the southern marina and got there at about 8:30 or 9:00( not too sure exactly) and fished until about 1ish. I fished everything from cranks to tubes to flies to bait (worm and minnow) all over that channel and a little ways out without a bite.

Rough weekend for fishing for myself. Fished hard at a couple good fisheries and didn't get a nibble[pirate] (read the EC post for the other tragic story).

Guess I have to just try harder...
[signature]
it definitley sucks to have days like that. Hope you have a little better luck next time out. Those wipers should pick up soon I hope.
[signature]
Good on ya dude. Glad you got a few hook sets. Hope things pic up out there soon,
[signature]
i guss thats why bearclaw did not call me for fishing thought it was nice to get to sleep in for once
[signature]
We still fished the afternoon POWMOW. Everyone wins and you got to sleep in[sly].
[signature]