Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZONKER, I won Carp Flies
I tied at the 1st Utah Fly Tying Expo yesterday and it was FANTASTIC!
They had a lot of great items that were held for auction or raffle tickets, and I was lucky for a change and won Rainy's Signature Collection of Carp Flies. They are so COOL!
I am posting a picture of a couple, then I have attached my photo bucket slide show for some.
Check these out Zonker:
I am assuming this is called the corn cluster:
[inline "Carp Flies 1450.jpg"]

This one is a Prince, but it is tied out of spun blue and red Deer hair:
[inline "Carp Flies 4 450.jpg"]

Bread anyone?
[inline "Carp Flies 3 450.jpg"]

Here is the Photo Bucket slide show:
[url "http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/FlyGoddess/?action=view&current=1179694975.pbw"]http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f17/FlyGoddess/?action=view&current=1179694975.pbw[/url]
[signature]
Hey hey! Those are sweet. I've seen the Rainy collection on the web and have tied a few of them from the pictures I've seen. Looks like you got some good ones. Now you need to take them out and see if you can feed them to the carpski's. Glad things went well for you.

z~
[signature]
Congrats FG enjoyed the slideshow. Now ya just need to put them to good use. Any craps trips in the near future LOL.
[signature]
Hopefully every day with the river right up the street, But alas, I have other duties that keep me from making that short stroll.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Pretty exotic ties for "golden bones". Some folks have way too much time on their hands. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Plain old nymphs...in plain old colors...will usually get the job done. And, for surface action, a white miller or a spun white deer hair pattern does an excellent job of representing bread or popcorn...or marshmallows. Sometimes city slicker carp develop exotic tastes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That "niblets hackle" pattern was definitely interesting.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I agree Tube Dude, I have no idea how Rainy does it, cause these are some time consuming flies. Simple, fast and as little material as possible is my modo[laugh]
I am not sure that the local Carp would recognize the CORN, or the Mulberry LOL.
Here is one more that was in there, that might cover the WHITE you were talking about.
That's RIGHT! the BOOOOBBBIIIEE FLY![cool]
[inline "Carp Flies 8 450.jpg"]

I wanna add, her store is up in Logan, and even you spinners, she has a selection of preformed FOAM that is to die for. Mouse, Poppers, even one I wanna order is a POPPER/HOPPER. It has a small bowl for the nose, cool as heck!
That bread fly is out of a fuzzy foam of sorts and it looks like a nickle size slice of bread.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Those are some incredible flies. From a tier's point of view, they are works of art. Makes you wonder what goes on in the mind of the inventor, Humm, bet they have strange dreams.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Some of the flies look like they would work very well for trout and warm water species.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]The corn fly, I don't know, you may start something new. I can see it now, everyone standing on the banks of the middle Provo, waiting for the mid-day "kernel corn hatch".[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]I think that if they were mine, I would put them in a shadow box, and tie replica flies to fish with.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]

[#0080ff]I think that if they were mine, I would put them in a shadow box, and tie replica flies to fish with.[size 1] [/size]
[/#0080ff]

I probably should, but I figure I know Rainy and I could always order more of the ones that work.
[signature]
I am surprised that you have not already tied extras of these flies..LOL.. but have to say again.. great looking flies..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]