Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
float tube valve
I was wondering if there is a way to replace the valve on the bladders where you inflate them by blowing in them?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]It depends upon the type of valve you have. Some are heat welded into the air bladder and you have to replace the whole thing. Others can be replaced, if you have the right tools and replacemnt parts.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Do you have a picture of the type of valve you have...and the manufacturer?[/#0000ff]
[signature]

[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]As you probably know, the Caddis Company no longer makes float tubes (in China) and there is no central warehouse full of parts and accessories. There are still a lot of Caddis tubes in the pipeline and there are some places that carry some accessories. [url "http://www.thefloattubestore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6_21"]THE TUBE STORE[/url] Here is one place that does carry a few things, depending upon the model you have.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have had those valves on a couple of craft and they do not seem to hold up well. Lots of problems with leaking or outright failure. I think they are heat welded together so that it is impossible to take them apart to clean or repair them. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Is the problem valve on a float tube? How old is it?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
The problem is in the valve, not sure of the age the tube, it's color is brown if that tells you anything. I was just going to try and see if I could get it going. The material seems worthy and I will be checking it further. I have another bladder that is just a little smaller.I believe it will work in the shell, but just thought I would see if the valve could be repaired or replaced.
[signature]