Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any moki canyon reports?
3 of us bftrs are headed that way this saturday thru monday.I was hoping someone on this board has been in that area.
[signature]
haven't been there since the last of April but we really got into them (500+) stripers. Shoot me a PM if you need more info
[signature]
we were down there last month and slaughtered em, literally. lots of thin stripers between 3 and 5 lbs. but plenty of keepers too. every day that past the fish felt bigger and bigger, but they weren't getting bigger, our arms were getting sorrer and sorer. by the end of the trip 4 pounders felt like monsters. what a blast! chum chovies right up on the walls for some fast action. if you chum for 10 minnuts and don't find fish, move. but you shouldn't have any problem finding them with yer trusty soak sock and all. have fun.
[signature]

Hey i havent seen you and the angel post in a long time good to see you are still around. I have not been to moki canyon in about 6 years. I dont know if i remember how to get to the beach areas there anymore did you campout there? Me and the guys i am taking cant wait to get into some stripers. And yes i am gonna chum the suckers in!![Wink] And my soak sock is actually a mesh bag they ue in the ocean for chumming it works great and saves on bait.
[signature]
we spent one night there on this beach up moki a bit and to the left. i loved this beach. it had plenty of fire wood with a huge rock cave that lit up sweet with a fire. we didn't fish it much. in late and out early, but what a place. can't wait to get back
[signature]
Wow you guys found a great spot! Hopefully we can find that same one you were in. Looks like there is shade i that area. How was the temps at night weas it cold?
[signature]
We was down there at the same time we talked as we past by we got a few crappie just after we past your camp....

[signature]
Ocean: That is REALLY a great spot and very easy to locate but good luck snagging it - every time we've been there it's taken. If you haven't been to Moki for 6 years, with the lower water conditions, you'll be surprised at how (relatively) short the canyon has gotten. But the fishing remains excellent. You'll have a great time!
[signature]
I was hoping to leave on thursday night but people had to work. Hopefully we can find that one spot or something close to it. Either way we are going to be fishing most of the day anyway and with my jetlag i will be out by 7pm anyway.[Tongue]
[signature]
Can you give me directions on how to get to that spot. Hopefully it wont be taken.[Wink]
[signature]