Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chesterfield??
I have herd of a few good reports on Chesterfield that they are starting to catch some real nice fish again. Anyone had any luck? I sure miss the good ol days when you could hook a bunch in the 5-10# range!!
[signature]
Not like the good old days. I have fished it about six or seven times since early April. Give it another year. It was dry a few years ago and is still on the rebound. Treasureton been fishing really good.
[signature]
You aren't going to see any 10# fish at Chesterfield this year. There are some nice sized fish that have been in the lake almost 2 years now. There are also many fish carried over from last year. We still need to get through this irrigation season and have good snow pack this comming winter before you will see rainbows over 27" long in Chesterfield. Snow pack for that area was really poor this winter and we have already started off with a hot and dry irrigation season.[unsure] Hopefully Chesterfield isn't drained too low this summer.
[signature]
Look at the portnuef and that will tell you, it looks way low and if we don't get rain chester will be dry end of the year. I hope I'm wrong.
[signature]
We fished Chesterfield yesterday for about 6 hours and I was a little disappointed. We caught about 15 fish but all but two of those were about 9 inch planters. The other two were nice 16" rainbows but we didn't find any hold overs from last year. Last year we were catching some nice 16-22" rainbows. Is anybody catching big ones this year or did it get fished out during the ice fishing season?
[signature]
Theres probably some big ones still in there but they will dissapear as the summer progresses
[signature]
There were a few boats waterskiing on Saturday.
[signature]