Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walleyes
Caught 4 Eyes 21" in a local Denver pond. I was using a ultralight setup with 4lb test. Leech and slip bobber. What a blast! Bluegill was a whopper 9.75"

[Image: walleye031-2.jpg]

[Image: walleye023-2.jpg]
[signature]
Nice catch. Looks like real fun.
[signature]
Thanks mactuna, it was a blast.

I'll post smaller pics this time

[Image: walleye031-2.jpg]

[Image: walleye023-2.jpg]
[signature]
Nice Haul....what time is dinner?![Wink]
[signature]
Call me greedy but I have a hard time sharing walleye and perch with my dog....and she's my best friend! But I let her chase fish around in the bathtub before cleaning them...[sly]
[signature]
Sounds Like your dog and me are Heading to the cupboard for a bone, he, he, he, he.

Before you clean what, the fish or the tube...LOL
[signature]
Nice looking fish, I bet dinner will be tasty.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I used to live in Denver and caught some nice walleyes from Cherry Creek. Is that your secret pond?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Be careful about letting spiny fish touch any part of your tube. A flop or two and you will be repairing pinhole leaks. Makes for a good picture but you can pay for it later. I know. Been there and done that.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Lookin' good.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TubeDude-I didn't catch them at the "Creek" but there are some in there along with a bunch of 40oz glass bottle. Too many boats out there for me so I don't float it. I do ice fish it though.

I usually use a wire basket with a float on it like yours but my intentions were on catching bass not eyes or saugeyes. I got lucky no pin holes! There have been some debate on which one they are on another forum. I think they are walleyes and with a better picture it might prove it.

Anyone want to chime in on what they think they are?

Float tubing is a blast!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]No way for me to tell, just looking at the pictures. I would have to know the water and the biology of that water. In other words, I would rely more on what the fisheries department put in the lake than what "pseudo biologists" guess them to be.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sauger and their hybrid saugeyes tend to remain smaller than walleyes. In many cases, especially with smaller fish, it takes a genetic analysis by a trained biologist to give a definitive answer. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Whatever they are, it is likely that they will eat good. Wish I was there for dinner. [/#0000ff]
[signature]