Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Falls/McTucker Ponds 5/19/07
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Chased carp at American Falls with my bow Saturday morning. There were some active carp in the shallows but I’ve seen better carp action other years. I think all of the warm days this spring have resulted in the carp spawn not being as concentrated as it has been some years. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Here’s a picture of my friend sneaking up on some carp spawning in ankle deep water.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=25484;][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Here is a close up.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=25485;][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Here’s a picture of a carp I took a quick picture of before picking up my bow.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=25486;][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Here’s a close up.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=25487;][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Here’s a picture of me with the carp in the above picture after I picked up my bow.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=25488;][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Here’s a picture of on of the other carp I was able to get that morning.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=25489;][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I stopped by the McTucker Ponds on the way home from American Falls Reservoir. I was only planning on staying for a few minutes but had such a good time catching the bluegills, green sunfish and bass that I ended up staying for about 3 hours. Most of the bass, bluegills and green sunfish are only 4”-5” long but they were still a lot of fun. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=25490;][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=25491;] [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I was also able to catch several slightly larger bass. These larger bass were much more difficult to fool than the smaller bass. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=25492;][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I was also able to catch this bullhead. One of the largest bullheads I’ve ever caught. I didn’t put a tape on it but it was around 12” long. Last year most of the bullhead I caught at the McTucker ponds were 5”-8” fish with a few around 10”. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=25493;][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]There is also some good news for the McTucker/Springfield area. This Memorial Day weekend the Crystal Springs Pond will be opening to the public. From what I understand the pond and the adjacent hatchery facility were recently acquired by the F&G. I’ve heard it will be managed for put and take hatchery rainbows. Crystal Springs is about 2(?) miles north of the McTucker Ponds.[/size][/font]
[signature]