Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EC 5-24
My first East Canyon trip was a last minute solo adventure 4-8pm. I went what I thought would be the quickest way-through East Canyon from Parleys.. I'll never do that again! An extended cab longbed with a 20' boat going up and down that road was white knuckle with oncoming traffic. On my way out I went through Hennefer? and jumped on 84. Alot better drive and got to see some up and coming bucks. Some real nice ones by the size this early in the year. Oh ya, fishing was awesome once I figured out where they were. Spent an hour looking and 3 hours catching. I left my camera in my truck so I'll spare the stories. Let's just say the fishing is good. [Smile] The w... was on and off, never real bad but still a nuisance. The only pic I got is when I loaded up. Water temp 58-59.
[inline "East Canyon.jpg"]
Not really knowing anything about crappie fishing in Utah I tried to get into some in a spot that looked..well..crappie. All I could catch was small bass, any tips?
[signature]
Nice boat, where we're the fish at?
[signature]
Where you able to locate any chubs?
Perhaps you are in need of my wisdom.

The Chub Prince
[signature]
In the water [Tongue]. I did better on the highway side of the lake.
[signature]
I've had a lot of success with a fly rod and a small black streamer near flooded brush for crappie. As you said, you'll catch crappie in crappie areas to fish this time of year.

-Rob
[signature]