Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Currant Creek
Took a buddy from school to Currant Cr. last Friday and we each caught 33 fish on silver Mepps. Mostly browns, but a few cutts, too. They were hittin' hard and we couldn't keep 'em off. I fished up a side channel and caught 6 out of the same spot in a foot-deep crystal-clear beaver pond. Hungry fish. It was my best trip to Currant Cr. and I always do well there. I think it's slowly becoming my favorite spot. Anybody else do much fishing there?[cool]
[signature]
Where exactly is Currant Creek? Thanks[Smile]
Currant Creek is often left alone because anyone going there from the Wasatch Front has to pass by Strawberry and are too tempted to stop. The turn off is between the Soldier Creek/Strawberry dam and Fruitland on Highway 40. I'm guessing about 10-12 miles after you pass the turnoff for the dam. I'm not sure how far the lake is from the turnoff. It is easy to find because there used to be a resteraunt at the turn. The building is still there and there is a gas station next to it. Just stay on 40 past Strawberry and you can't miss the turn. If you want more detail, I can email you a map with more accuracy than my memory. Hope it helps.
[signature]
What was the size of fish you caught? My buddy and I always go on a trip up there this time a year to fish the creek itself. THis is good info. Last year, I caught the biggest brown I have ever caught just below the dam.
[signature]
It's a 20-30 min. drive from highway 40 to the dam. Most of the fish we caught were between 12 and 15 in with quite a few near 17. The stretch right below the dam is one I never pass up.
[signature]