Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5-26-07
I got to take a few kids out to Willard today. I was trying out the new fish finder. I got a bottom line 480. I really wasn't marking many fish with it but I suppose its working OK.

The only fish I caught was a small mouth on a rattle trap while we were trolling. But I got out and had fun with the kids.

I had my oldest daughter do some driving.

[inline mboat.jpg]

P.S water temp was 66 to 70 degrees. We were trolling about 2.5-3.2 mph. Lures were shad colored shad raps. But we did try a few other hard baits.
[signature]
The kids sure like to drive the boat dont they.To bad the catching wasn't better.
Better luck next time,Thanks for sharing your report.
fnf[cool]
[signature]
I try to be a different Dad than my Pa. I always wish we had a boat and got out to play in the water. Now I have to learn all about how to maintain a boat and take care of things. I had never pulled a trailer before or learned how to back one up. Now I'm a pro.

Now I know kids. Number 6 is on her way.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report John, did you buy a bigger boat?
[signature]
Yeah. Near the end of last season I got a 18' 1970 glasspar. It runs real good. I kept the small aluminum boat for the bear river. I also managed to get a free 14' starcraft that needs a motor. The wife gives me "The Look" every time I talk about getting that one going also. [sly]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If you have a sixth kid on the way, you may be misinterpreting "THE LOOK".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good report. Keep taking those kids fishing. It will pay big dividends in their later years...when they are faced with "choices". Kids with focus, direction and strong family ties (fishing) tend to make better decisions in life.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Isn't the small aluminum boat about a 14 footer also? Does the Starcraft have an steering wheel or is it controlled by using the tiller?
[signature]
I hit Willard Saturday also with my 11 year old daughter, Whitney. We trolled around for hours and caught one fish! (She caught it of course) Here is a pic. I think the coldfront that came in Saturday a.m. turned everything off. We got shellacked at Pineview earlier that morning also. This weekend should be better after a few solid days of high pressure.

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
The aluminum boat is a 12 footer. The starcraft has a steering wheel and a closed bow. I just have to get me a motor for real cheap, me and my friend were talking about finding a jet ski or two and putting the motor in the starcraft and making it a small jet boat.
[signature]