Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Porky report 5/27
I was supposed to hit the pig yesterday but my truck decided it need a water pump and new coolant first. Finaly made it up there today. We got there around 8:00 and the water was glass. Started marking fish right off the bat. saw lots of schools in quite a few places. Sent the downriggers down and got into the fish. Ended up catching 10 or 11 small kokes and 1 nice rainbow. Saw one other boat out there pulling in the kokes like crazy, most of the others didn't do so well. Caught most of our fish on cripplures, and humdingers behind a sling blade. The big "ol W came out arounf 10:00 and cleared most everyone. I fought with it until around 1:30 the called it a day. Most of the schools of fish dissapeared by noon anyway. All the kokes were 8-10 inches and really skinny, kinda expected some better girth on them, so we let them all go to get bigger for next time.
[signature]
what color criplures worked for ya?
how far down where ya running the riggers?
[signature]
Too bad it was only the little fish that wanted to play. Glad you could make it out.
[signature]
Petty- we did the best on orange and pink.

LH2- Yeah it was about time, I was going nuts reading all these reports and not playing. I'm almost embarassed to call my self a fisherman. Hopefully my work will be slowing down in a week or so and then I can get back into my old ways. I'm ready to go after the muskies though.
[signature]
We need some stable hot weather and it will be on. I am going up with Flycasting tomorrow and hopefully my "NEW" lures will produce. I'll let you know.
[signature]