Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0-2 at the Nelle
I woke up at 530 and could not go back to sleep. I looked out the window and say that there was no WaWa to speak of so I decided to make a quick trip up to the Nelle and brave the crowds. Well I got everything loaded and left for the lake. Just before I hit I-215 on 21st I realize I left the pump and my sonar battery back at the house. So I turn around to go get them. I can fish with out sonar no problem but with out air it kind of makes a float trip a little hard. So I get up to the rock creek are about 730, I start to unload and there is just a slight breeze nothing to hard, so I gear up and away I go. Not 5 minutes on the water and the wind just starts to pick up a little bit, still not bad but a little more than I like. I start fishing up from the ramp as I move around a point I get slapped in the head by a big gust .. Wow what a guest. As it is blowing I get turned with my back to shore and manage to get my fish basket caught up on some submerged trees. No matter how hard I pulled the basket would not come free. I tried from all sides and no luck. So now the lake is up one on me. I free myself and keep fishing for the next 2 hours and no luck so I pack up and head home by 10:15. The water was colllddddd as well, when I launched it was 57 and when I left it was down to 55.6. Ohh well it was still nice to be out for a while. I talked to some bank tangalers and they said they had 1 on a crawler and marshmallow, I also saw another banker catch one on powerbait. I did not see any bass or perch caught just slimers. When I left it looked like all the boats had moved up in the arm to hid from the WAWA.

Majja [#40a0ff][#000000][/#000000][/#40a0ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If I didn't wonder whether your juju might be contagious, I might invite you along on another trip. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]For serious though, our style of fishing will not "kick in" for a while yet. There are trout for sure, and smallies when the weather lays down for a day or two, but the real consistent action will not crank up until after the major runoff is over and the water clears and warms up.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Doesn't look like upgrading to the H3 did much to make life better for you. But...don't give up. It will happen.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Aye. Oh well it was still a nice little outing, it beats cleaning the garage. Oh well back to the garage I go for the afternoon. I am still enjoying the learning how to use new tackle and stuff .. ie plastics. If i got desperate for the trout I could of grabbed a bottle of PB but where is the fun in that.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]HOLY CARP, MATTMAN!!!!!! Do you ACTUALLY carry "bottle baits" in your tube? No wonder. You must cleanse your tube and your mind before venturing forth upon the waters again.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
No no. there were no bottle baits on the tube, although i did have botle of salmon eggs in the big tackle box in the car. [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Salmon eggs are roe...close enough to be considered caviar...human food. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, for having impure thoughts you will still have to undergo a ritual cleansing before we can share a lake again.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
So what is my repentance father Tubedude?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]What? You never heard of baptism? Since float tubers are unholy to begin with, we only do it from the waist down. That way you can keep on getting baptized all day...if you need it. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]How about that...the cure is the cause...or whatever. Just have to be careful what you say during the ritual. Sound really carries over the water...y'know?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
57*? We haven't seen anything over 55* all weekend. Forecrash said there was a 20-30 mph W... coming, so I took the day off from o' Lake X(I got all week).

I tried to inline the pic, oh well I suck. This pic is an 18 1/2" 4 1/2lber from sat.

[signature]