Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Stories
i've yet to find the relevance of the paranormal to fishing. someone please enlighten me [signature]
[signature]
*poof*

thats paranormal for ya! [Tongue]
[signature]
I find the paranormal every time I fish.. It seems that the big ones seem to have a magical way of getting off the hook unlike the smaller fish.. If that's not proof of the paranormal I'm not sure what is..
[signature]
I don't see the relevance to fishing. Is there a point to this???

Please send me a telechenitic message to explain.[laugh]
[signature]
I was going to just delete this message, but seeing that it has peaked the interest of tubeN2... I'll leave it alone. Go ahead and delete it when you are ready tubeN2! This has nothing to do with fishing! LOL
[signature]
every good fish camping trip in to the wilderness has its ghost stories around the camp fire or in the safty of a fabric covered shelter.

stories of strange phonomina, sightings and ghoolish events of ghosts, goblins, wood sprites, whier wolves and local ledgeonds are enhanced with every rustle of a leaf crack of a twig howl of the wind and earth shattering clashes of thunderstorms. it was the entertainment of olden days before tv and radio. depending on where you were would dictate the story you would expect to hear.

I remeber a story from nearly 4 decades ago about a town in the desert. they were haunted by rocks. not just any rocks, it was alien rocks that fell from the sky and grew in the dry air to 300 foot pillars and would fall and crumble and each piece of broken rock would grow a new pillar.

one summer there had been no rain for months and the rocks had begun to grow in to pillars and fall, each time they fell the would get about 500 feet closer to the town.

this went on for days and it became evident that the town was going to be pummelled in the path of the falling rock pillars.

and just as the town was about to go under from the rocks it began to rain. when the rain came down it melted the rocks all the way back to the canyon wall 50 miles back in to the dessert where they originated, all except a few rocks the were sheltered from the rain up and under the canyon wall where they would await another drought so they could begin their onslaught once again.

so ya, ghost stories have a real place in the culture of fishing, hunting, ski trips.... most any place where you want to insite the imagination of your guest. and any thing is fair game when it come to hauntings. as with the example above a shooting star can cause an abundance of tails to chill the heart...

any one up for seeing the shining again?[shocked][sly]

any one here have stories of monster fish or creatures that live in the deapths of their lakes or rivers or ledgeonds of red eyed beasties that lurk just past the clearing of the camp ground at night?
[signature]
I was surprised to see this one come out of the Cyber trash can. I guess it must have been a ghost for real.[shocked]
[signature]
every body likes a good ghost story to tell.

I remember as a kid the hours we spent drying to scare each other with tails that would terrify the faint of heart. and we had drive-ins.[Tongue] nothing like seeing night of the living dead or exorcist in a drive in.... Havent moved 3 miles in 50 years, this place used to be hicks ville.

it was deffinently on the wrong board for sure.

and needed to edit the title as well.[Smile]

I actualy worked in a hounted houses for 20 years, built, directed, haunted, prop disign, ect... Loads of fun. all for chairty...
[signature]