Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
May 28th report
Hit the water around noon, we thought we broke the mighty lund but the gas connection at the tank came partially off just enough so it would run but would bog down under load,,,got that fixed then went on to my honey hole,,,conner caught a big ling and a big cabbazon on back to back casts, then we went out deep and dropped down a greenling to try to coax a toad for me and that SOB caught another big cabby on a twin tail..I had a toad hooked up but it pulled off 20 yards of line and got off...
we ended up with 3 lings, 2 quill backs (released) 2 cabbys and that little green ling was bait but I put the knife to it too...
[signature]
I swear those things look prehistoric. Good thing they are such good eating, but I'd throw the damn thing back if I didn't know better. Fishing the sound, you sure get quite a variety.
[signature]
I tell people all the time that if lings got to be 10 feet long I wouldn't go out on the water in a boat...we catch a few every year on greenling (the small fish in the pic) that never get hooked,,,they clamp down a don't let go and as long as you do break the surface you just put the net down and scoop them up...
[signature]