Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to learn to crappie fish
I would tell you to go with minnows also,but if they aren't allowed in Idaho,...go smack someone lol. I've always used these little red earthworms, the kind that you find just under old 2x4's and lightweight rocks. I've had a lot of luck with those.
Another thing I do is take a rainbow or chartreuse colored Rooster Tail/ or Beetle Spin and throw out a bobber for bluegills, and then cast the Beetle Spin or Rooster Tail out about 5-10 ft. from the bluegill bobber.
In doing this, I'm using the "offer the bluegill something so they'll leave my crappie jig alone" technique (you guys are free to use this technique, I havent copyrighted it yet)LOL.
Anyways, cast your spinner out away from the bobber, of course if the bobber starts bobbing, that could be a crappie also, but either way, you're gonna get a fish. And that is the whole purpose of using my technique in the first place. You have to be smarter than the fish, or at least make it look like you are.[Wink]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Trying to learn to crappie fish - by idahopanfish - 05-29-2007, 07:06 PM
Re: [idahopanfish] Trying to learn to crappie fish - by IndyFishing - 02-07-2009, 03:35 PM
RE: Trying to learn to crappie fish - by SenkoSam - 03-06-2024, 09:08 PM