Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do u get rid of
that banner on the right when someone puts a picture on? It kinda blocks the part of reply button...
[signature]
As of right now, you are only the 6,392th member to complain about it. The other 7,000 are not even active.[laugh]

Actually the admins are working on a program to help resize the pictures that are posted so that it doesn't force the silly banner to crowd the screen.

I too have complained to the upstairs people because even us Mods can get in to Reply, nor edit the oversized picture down to the regulation size.

Please be patient. They are working on it as we speak. We have a good team of Webmasters and they are racking their brains out right now over this issue.[cool]
[signature]
[Smile][angelic] OK!!
[signature]
[black][size 3]The problem is not related to pictures posted.[/size][/black]
[size 3]It's that stupid "media center" scroll that no one cares about anyway.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Any novice working with the site could remove it in seconds.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]The expert programmers working with the site apparently are baffled. NOT!!![/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
There are some people that continute to post extra large pictures. The forum rules that have been posted, stated that no one is to post pics larger than 450 pixels.

The pixels that are the biggest offense are the ones in the 640 range. Everyone wants to show off their big fish without sacrificing the quality of the picture.

Guess what! If you make a copy of your picture and then adjust the size, you get to keep your original picture.

The easiest ones to deal with are the ones that come in a 1600 pixels. I can then go in and delete them without bothering the guys upstairs.

Better yet, follow the forum guidelines by adding your pictures to an album in your own personal gallery. You can upload any size you want and then copy the thumbnails into your post.

You can put as many thumbnails in a post as you want.

I sympathize with you about the scrolling ad on the right. If I was a professional hacker, I would do my self a favor and hack that silly thing out of my personal view. Perhaps I could sell the instructions to anyone else that doesn't like it either.

In the mean time, the Web team is writing a program for those whom don't have the proper software to edit their 14 gigapixel photos because they spent all the money on a sofisticated camera that wasn't idiot proof.

Once the program is complete, everyones pictures can be uploaded at any size you want. The program will then resize it to the size set by the forum rules.

It should prove to be less of a headache for many of the members.[cool]

***I know this post is a repeat of TubeDudes many times posting over and over with the same message but some people just don't get it****
[signature]
I think we have to start attaching the pictures instead of including them in the body of the message. That's what the "Tubemeister has been doing and we still get to see his photos in all their original glory. Having said that I'm sure it would take weeks of hard work to figure out how to put a "closeable click" on those stupid banner adds that raises the ire of all the regular visitors to the site. Of course you realize that "raising the ire" is a euphemism for *&*&%$#$.

Here's a shot of a nice bluegill I caught on my flyrod. I don't have to go to Photobucket. I don't have to resize. I just hit "BROWSE" and find the picture on my computer. Then hit the "UPLOAD ATTACHMENT" button and it's done. Smooth, no hassles and, as a good Canadian boy would say, you've stickhandled right around the annoyance.
[signature]
[black][size 3]In a posting elsewhere on this site, I tried to promote the use of a free software program for the organizing, sizing and modification of photos.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]The program is free, it's called Picasa2, and is offered by Google.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]After working with it for a while, I have found it better than most of the software programs available on the market.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]If you just Google it, it comes up, and can be downloaded. It's not a large program, and has a very good help section for instruction. Using it, removes any reason for someone to post huge photos on the site.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Most of it is quite intuitive, but the instructions are excellent.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]It also does not change the photos you already have on your PC, it just duplicates them for any changes you wish to make.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]If you do download it, I would be interested in what you think of it.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
You have adapted very well even at the risk of taking TubeDude's advice.ha ha
He is a wise ole dude and I have learned through the years that his advice is gold. It is hard to get others to listen.

Please don't think I'm backing out. I hate those little ads too. I wished that I had the magic button to make them go away but I don't. It is just easier to make the pictures the right size and just ignore what is on the side until I need the information.[cool]
[signature]
I use Picasa 2. It is an awesome program and works too.

Now that more and more of us hate the ad when it overcomes the post, due to a larger picture, we should promote it a little heavier with permission of the Administrators of course.

In the mean time, we can also upload large pixel pictures to the photo gallery and put the thumbnails in the post. [cool]
[signature]