Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American fork fishing ?'s
The family and I are camping in American Fork Canyon this weekend at Granite Flats. I am up in Ogden and have never camped in this area before. I was wondering about fishing in the general area. I saw on the map that there is Tibble Res. and Silver Flats Res. Does anyone know if you can take small motorized boats on either of these? Also what else is their for fishing in this area?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bass_Turd
[signature]
I made my first trip to tibble fork res. a few weeks ago and it didn't seem like there was anywhere to launch a boat. I was in my tube and was able to cover the entire area pretty easily it is that small. Most of the fishing action seemed to be where the water was coming in. Small bows and browns.
Sorry can't tell you anything about Silver Flats.
[signature]
Silver flats up above Tibble Fork is the same way. Float tube are allowed as with canoes. No motors or electric motors are allowed at both lakes.

You need a 4x4 to access silver flats, the road can be rough up there with lots of ruts in areas. Some years theyve smoothen it out , however its there. Fair fishing at both places from a float tube.
[signature]
Looks like the Canoe it will be then, followed by bankin' it at the inlet. Thanks for the heads up gents............
Bass_Turd
[signature]
As was said no motors but both lakes are so small you don't need one.

The road to Silver lake flat right now is in good shape for that road. The Brookies were hitting a worm on the bottom a couple of weeks ago. Boy those little guys can fight for their size. Small flies behind a bubble in the past have worked well too.
[signature]
FISH THE CREEK RIGHT BELOW TIBLE WITH SALMON EGGS AND A SMALL SPLIT SHOT ABOUT 9 INCHES FROM BAIT. DRIFT IT THREW THE HOLES. KIDS WILL HAVE A BLAST.
[signature]