Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
? Uinitas
Anybody try out any of our free flowing streams on the south or north slope of the Uintas yet. Thinking about giving it a try this weekend.
[signature]
North Slope streams/creeks are flowing pretty hard. Sheep Creek is high, Carter Creek is high. Haven't looked at any others, but all the little creeks that usually dry up are flowing now, every little drainage. Warm temps. have the melt going good.
[signature]
Thanks for the info Tarponjim. Also hearing that the Henry's Fork of the Green is still high has convinced me to try the south slope streams this weekend and hold off on the north side a bet longer. I'm going fishing in the Keys with my brother-in-law in 2 weeks.
Are you a guide done there in the winter? If so I'll have to contact you the next time I'm down there in the winter.
[signature]
Yep, I do some trips down there from Jan-March. If you're going in two weeks, tarpon are HOT everywhere. You should definitely go!
[signature]
Run off is over on south slope streams. Looks like mid July except the hatches are still a little sparse. Dry flies were fair and nymphing very good.
[signature]