Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Weekend in the Uintas

Got back from a extended weekend today. Just in time to help my sister reroof her house Oh boy it,s hot! Base camp this week was at Smith and Morehouse a litle lake just east of Oakley Utah. Got camp set up around noon and visted with family until 4 pm. Finally got out on the water about 5 pm. Let my son use my old toon and he loved it. Water temp was 48 weather clear just a little w?*@. I caught 6 fish all small tiger trout on differnt flies. my son was fishing spinners and caught 3 trout.
Got a late start sunday morning water temp 45 put in by the inlet on the south end ? Shallow water no fish for for me my son caught 2 bow's. Was really hot the rest of the day lots of sun burns for us. Went for a little hike and caught up with friends and family later. My wife make some awsome dutch over chicken and cobblers. Fished sunday night until w@?* started to blow put in at the boat launch water temp 48 I caught 8 really nice bow's and 2 small tiger trout. My son caught himself many times and a couple of small trout. Sorry no pic's folks my wife say I've got enough money floating and won't let me take her camera on the water and I release most fish. (Some poeple hate that but It's my way).My cousin also joined us on his tube and caught only one trout with bait.
No fishing monday had to bring the boy and wife home.

Tuesday morning the damn W@#*?#@&***. again. So off for an adventure. Went up Mirror lake highway. First stop was washington lake still mostly iced but some open water. Next stop MIRROR LAKE Some open water just enought to get my toon through in some spots water temp was 38 then dead batt. so not sure in middle of the ice field. Short trip because you guessed it w#$*@#$****. Caught 3 good fish just couldn't risk getting block in by ice.Stopped by Hayden Fork to watch a couple of moose then back to camp.
Wed. morning on the water by 7:00 forst on windows and ground water temp 46 lanched at boat ramp. Just on the water and into fish 4 really fast then slowed until I got across the lake and hit a bunch of small fish on the surface until the shadows came off the the lake. W*#$ kicked up alittle but stay at it until 2 pm caught to many fish to keep track.
My new longer toon rides so nice in the wind plus widening it some really hepls it fills so stable. The new sonar is being learned but wish the screen was bigger it's a x67c by the way works really good though.
Went back to camp cleaned up some and went back off about 5:30 w@*% was blowing hard ( kick for an hour drift for 10 seconds and be back to where you started . Not to mention casting a with a fly rod in the wind takes more skill then I got.Fished until 7:20 pm water temp between 48 and 50 strong wind packed up and headed home. Had so much fun.
I was able to get some pics when mommy would give up the camera. Here are some pics of how I load my toon on my truck. If more us us go I have a atv rack that fits into the bed and makes it posilbe to carry three toons. I like my simple 2 x 4 setup because it leaves my truck bed free.
Also some pics of my sonar mount and transducer mount. Pics of Smith and Morehouse, Mirror Lake and the mosse at Hayden fork got to love the Uinta Mountains in good old Utah.
Pics
oo1 Me on toon
002 son on toon
004 Smith and Morehouse
006 Mirror Lake
007Mirror Lake
013 and 014 Moose
018 toon on truck
019 transducer
021 sonar
022 sonar mount
024 sonar mount