Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 5-31
I got a late start. Didn't get the boat into the water until 2. I launched at Strawberry bay. It was really windy so I thought I would wait it out for a minute. While waiting I noticed water on the floor of my boat. What the hell! Oh shit! I forgot to put my drain plug in. Go get the truck! No you haven't got enough time! Um Um Um! I place the plug into the hole. (from the inside) Just in time 2 or 3 more inches and water would have come in over the sides. What an IDIOT.[crazy][unsure][angelic]

Ran the bilge got on my way. The wind never died if anything it picked up. Is it me or is it allways windy up there. I propose they change the name to Windy res. Ive never seen a strawberry up there anyway.[Wink]

Headed over to big hole. and vertically jigged (or trolled) the wind was so bad I kept draging my anchor. Caught one. I had enough of that crap and headed over to Soldier creek. Found refuge from the wind the small coves in the canyons. I dont know the name but there is a small canyon that takes off to the south with a small creek at the end. Cutt were stacked up there spawning. couldn't get any to bite. Tried it all. Only caught one small rainbow 12 in.

I took a stroll up the creek to check out some spawners hoping to catch a glimpse of a 10-15lbr. All I seen were garden variety cutts 19-22 inchers. I was surprised to see how little water they had to work with. (2 in) Im thinkin the spawn sure put a damper on catching cutts.

Never the less it was terrific to get out and get a wind burnt face.
I should also add. I spoke to a fellow onmy way out that had moderate success trolling rainbow (dogers?) He released about a doz and kept a few.
[signature]
Funny report. LOL. Its that time of year when the catching could be tough for two or three weeks Last weekend there seemed to be a lot of small ones at the surface and the bigger ones where on the move. After the spawn it should be GAME ON!
[signature]