Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Bass
Am planning to try for some white bass in the next few days at Ut. Lake with a float tube. Any suggestions where to try or likelihood of success?

[crazy]Leaky
Hey Fred, sorry, the white bass are few and far between right now. Give them three weeks and they will be headed up the rivers to spawn and eat baby walleyes. If you want to fish Utah Lake, go after the eyes. Lincln beach, Provo boat harbor(south dike), or anywhere rocky.

walleyebob
[signature]
I have always wondered when the white bass spawn in. So about 3 more weeks?
[signature]
[#344316][size 2]Walley,[/size][/#344316]

[#344316][size 2] Found this in the proclamation. Guess I can't fish the rivers until 1 May. Is this still a good option then? Thanks for the info.[/size][/#344316]

[#344316][size 2]UTAH LAKE TRIBUTARIES WEST OF I-15[/size][/#344316][size 2] (Utah County) (Including but not limited to: American Fork Creek, Beer Creek, Dry Creek, Hobble Creek, Provo River, Spanish Fork River, Spring Creek and Spring Run Creek)[/size]

[size 2]* CLOSED March 1 through 6 a.m. May 1.[/size]

[unsure][size 2]Leaky[/size]
Hey Leaky, you cant fish the river until May 1, but you can fish where it enters the lake. Right now its combat fishing down there. Twenty five guys fishing a twenty foot stretch of water. The White Bass usually start going up the rivers in big numbers as soon as the Walleye spawn is over. Sometimes the water is still high and muddy. As soon as the water drops a bit and starts to clear up, the white bass move in. Could be three weeks, could be five, I'll let you know when I hear something.

walleyebob
[signature]