Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 06-02
Launched at Renegade Bay just after sun up, headed through the narrows and then into the Soldier Creek area. Found a nice little bay with a small stream coming into it, saw many, many fish in the crystal clear water but they weren't very interested in eating. I think the cuts were rolling around in the shallows ready for spawn? Anyway, did get one (cut) on a soft jerkbait (3 inch power smelt). Had lots of followers on rapalas. Later we trolled, got one on triple teaser--nice rainbow. Trolled and trolled and trolled and got one on a rapala.

Around 2:00 we started making our way back trolling all the way and when the wind picked up a little (really not windy at all all day long) just a little bit of chop on the water the action picked up. We boated 6 more--5 cuts and a rainbow all on rapalas (thanks Trout slayer) Dad had a big hit that pulled drag on his sling blade/needlefish set up, but it came unbuttoned and I had a big hit on an f 11 rapala that broke off. Didn't keep any (all of the cuts were in the slot anyway). While much of the day was really slow fishing for us, the weather was beautiful and there was hardly any wind to speak of. Still a good day.
Have a couple of pics, will post if I get around to it.
[signature]
I have been looking for a round to it for a long time....

And still looking....[Wink]

[signature]
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear that you guys did good!!! I hope to make it up there this weekend!!! I know what you mean as far as a "big hit". I forgot to mention in my Strawberry post that when we were trolling around down by Renegade I was "farting" around and not paying any attention to my pole, well I had a hit on mine that doubled the pole over even with the drag set really low!!! Of course that is the one that I missed, but at least I had the pole in the rod holder rather than sitting out or I would be a pole short!!! We never did hook into any rainbows though!!! Hope to see your pictures!!!
TS
[signature]
Renegade is a great spot. Remeber it was a nice full moon so I imagine fishing could have been a bit slower than usual, but sounds like you got into some great fish.
[signature]
CUTS ARE IN FULL SPAWN MODE NOW. THEY ARE 1000,S SWIMMING ON THE ASPEN BOAT RAMP. GREEN DAMSIL WITH A BEAD HEAD FISHED DEAD SLOW ABOUT 1 INCH EVERY 10 SECONDS.
[signature]