Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SATURDAY 06/02 BASSING PICS & VIDEO
WOW WHAT A SLEEPLESS WEEKEND.
WELL HERE WE GO.....MY SON HAD A GIG FRIDAY NIGHT WITH HIS BAND, SO I DID NOT GET HOME UNTIL 1230AM. I CRASHED UNTIL 145AM AND THEM OFF TO PICK UP MY FRIEND DINO AND THEN STRAIGHT TO BARRETT LAKE WHICH IS A LIMITTED ACCESS LAKE. IT'S ONLY OPENED FROM MAY TO SEPT ON A WED, SAT, AND SUN SCHEDULE WITH A 25 PARTY OF 4 LIMIT.

FYI FOR ALL TUBERS, YAKKERS, TOONERS WE NOW HAVE A NEW LAUNCH AREA. [Image: thumb.gif] THE BIG POINT BEFORE YOU GET TO THE DOCK. THIS IS GREAT NEWS BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE CRAZYNESS OF THE DOCK PLUS YOU PARK ABOUT 10-15 YARDS FROM THE WATER.

OK ON TO THE FISHING. WIND WAS ALREADY UP WHEN WE LAUNCH AND JUST ABOUT STAYED THAT WAY THE WHOLE TIME THERE WITH JUST A FEW CALM TIMES, AND PARTLY CLOUDY.

FISHING WAS MORE QUALITY TODAY THAN QUANTITY. I ENDED UP WITH ABOUT 30-35 BASS AND LOST AT LEAST 10 WHICH SHOOK OFF THE BARBLESS HOOK OR GOT ME IN COVER AND BROKE ME OFF.
I ONLY MANAGED 2 ON THE SPINNER BAIT AND 2 ON THE UNDERSPIN. THE REST CAME ON THE FAT IKA JUNE BUG COLOR (#213). THE KEY FOR ME WAS STAY BACK AND QUIET AND MAKE A LONG PITCH ON TO THE GRASS MAT, SO THERE WAS NO SPLASH AND THEN LETTING IT FALL OFF THE EDGE AND BANG!
THE AVERAGE SIZE ON THIS PATTERN WAS 3# WITH ONE BIGGER FISH THAT BROKE ME OFF AND ALSO THE ONE CAUGHT OF VIDEO THAT I GUESS WENT 5#....I'LL LET YOU GUYS JUDGE AFTER YOU SEE THE VIDEO (SORRY GOT A LITTLE TO EXCITED AND HAD TO DELETE VIDEO).......HOW HEAVY DO YOU THINK IT IS?

DINO SHOOK A 6 INCH WORM (BUDDY BROWN COLOR) ALL DAY AND ALSO HAD VERY GOOD RESULTS WITH HIS AVERAGE ALSO BEING ABOUT 3#. DINO ENDED UP WITH AROUND 20-30.

I ALSO CAUGHT 3 HUGE BLUE GILLS ON A MICRO ROD WITH A MINI JIG JUST AS WE WHERE LEAVING ON THE BIG POINT, SORRY NO PICS OF THE GILLS BUT THEY WHERE SLABS THAT WERE WELL OVER A POUND.

GOT OFF THE WATER AT 130PM FOR THE 200PM CARAVAN OUT. GOT HOME BY 5PM TO GET READY FOR MY SONS NEXT GIG THAT NIGHT.
HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY THE PICS AND VIDEO.

GRASS MAT FISH
[url "http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/ATFISHING/BARRETT%2006%2002%2007/?action=view&current=c81a6e1b.flv"]http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/ATFISHING/BARRETT%2006%2002%2007/?action=view&current=c81a6e1b.flv[/url]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Fun, fun, fun. Good report.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]BUT...WHY ALL CAPS?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]2...Please don't post videos with profanity. This is a family forum.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sorry TD did not realize the old construction worker in me came out until I looked back at the video.

AT
[signature]
AT,

I can't see the videos....???

Anyway I am very curious about your tube set-up. I am going to purchase the same tube as yours and I like your set-up. The camera mount it really nice. I think its a cool way to to "market" what we do to others on the site just as all the nice picture step by step instructions...very nice!

Your first video of a fish caught tight to the structure was "kicking!"

I would like to do that to mine. I just got to see how I can start rolling tape at the right time...ya know...?

TY
[signature]
Great photos and video, AT. Good to see you posting again. Now that I've seen more of your camera mount in action I find myself wanting to duplicate it for myself. I'll be looking back at your former post to see again how you did it. Thanks for sharing.

z~
[signature]
Way to go AT. Nice Bass and nice video. Are you ready for the Salt??[cool]
[signature]
Thx for the report AT.
Looks like going without some sleep was worth it. Keep the reports (and vids) coming!

The photos are great, they have a nice perspective from just the right height.
I am setting up a new angled side rod rack myself at the moment and will be seeing how I can add a rotating camera boom into the rod rack design based on your groundbreaking work.
[signature]