Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard ... 6-4-07
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Larry, a good friend of mine from work and Tyler, my 14 year old neighbor, and I all made a morning run around Willard Bay today. We wanted to get out before the wind and low pressure comes in this week. At the launch ramp we ran across Elkaholic and compared notes about what was working these days. Good to see ya Travis.

We launched at about 6:30 AM and came back in around noon. We had a great time fishing to say the least. We were targeting the wipers but couldn’t seem to keep the walleyes off. I heard later today that some folks fishing the same time today as us got 30 wipers in their boat. Boy, I wish I knew the trick(s) to do that!

The water temps were in the low 70’s and bugs weren’t too bad today.

Larry landed the first fish of the day and his first ever wiper. He was very surprised how a fish that size could fight so hard. [/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][inline "Larry's-1st-wiper-400.jpg"]

The next fish that came in was, once again on Larry’s line ... a nice walleye.

[inline "Larry's-Walleye-400.jpg"]

Then Tyler pulled in a couple nice walleyes and a couple wipers.

[inline "Tyler's-1st-walleye-400.jpg"]

The trophy for the day was a nice 21 inch eye that Tyler landed during a 45 minute breezy walleye chop.

[inline "Tyler's-22-in-walley.jpg"]

All of our walleyes were pretty healthy and will make some pretty nice dinners tonight. Tyler’s wipers are all going into chevechi.

All total for the morning, Larry boated one wiper and three walleye. Tyler boated 2 wipers and 2 walleyes. We only released one small wiper and the rest are all for some yummy table fare this week.

[inline Nice-Stringer-400.jpg][/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice catch, I was waiting for a good walleye report.
[signature]
Hi Ralph, your really getting very good at teaching this stuff. Good job my friend

AFDan52
[signature]
Way to get them on the fish coot thats what its all about having a good time and catching some nice fish. great report M.H.
[signature]
Where did you find the eyes? I searched for 6 hours on Saturday and couldn't find a bite of any kind slow trolling spinners. I'm not in the wiper mode yet but usually all you have to do is speed up to keep the eyes off and the wipers on. We tried the light pole, the north marina humps, the north dike and the island and didn't really ever see a lot on the screen. All we caught were some cats.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]We got our eyes in the middle (half way between the east and west sides) directly east of the light pole.[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
Right on Uncle! wanted to let you know that this is a nice report I have been skunked the last few times at wilard, I have off this week till the 11th (It is a use or lose situation with work, I have 3 weeks to burn this year, send me a pri post I would like to know what you were using and the speed for trolling, I may be trolling to slow or fast.
This last week end I went to wendover with the 5000 bikers to suport the MDA ride for a cure, it was really neat, so now the week will be fish on if the weather says it is O.K..
[signature]