Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/5
I fished Willard this AM before the hurricane hit. Didn't do remarkably well but did boat 4 wipers and one walleye. Tried lots of different lures with nothing showing any particular promise. A number 3 gray/black shallow running shadrap produced the most. The Rattletraps and Producers did nothing.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report Don. Although some of the guys are doing better than you did, most of us are catching numbers in the same range as you caught. The guys that are doing real good have found a school of active wipers that are in the feeding mode. We caught ours on Saturday on Shad raps and producer type lures. WH2
[signature]
Thanks for the report and welcome to the boards Don! [cool]
[signature]
Yes, thanks for the report. I was really starting to feel inferior catching 4 or 5 fish per trip when everyone else seems to catch 20 or 30! Last Saturday the ratl-trap was the lure, and nothing else worked. That is the first time EVER that lure has worked for me. I only had one in my tackle box because I hadn't lost it because I never use it as it never worked!

I'm not exactly sure if it is conditions, time of day, lure, lure color, speed, water temp or a combination of the above. Sometimes the catching is really good...sometimes it isn't.

All I know is that it sucks when Saturday is the only day I can go, and I have to go whether it is rain or shine. I'd rather fish in the rain and not catch a fish than stay home and mope miserably around the house...

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.