Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry's Lake Questions
I'm taking the family up to Yellow Stone next week, were renting a cabin off Henry's Lake and I thought I would see if any one had any info that might be helpful.
[signature]
If you have not already, try on the Idaho forum. I know there are a couple of them on that forum who fish Henrys a lot.
[signature]
How are you going to be fishing it? Boat, toon, tube? I have found the most success drifting wooly buggers in olive of black or a nice big crawler or minnow off a circle hook. Hold on tight, there are some monsters in there.
[signature]
I agree that you gotta get out on the water at Henry's. A lot of shore fishermen do quite well, but out on the water is something special.
Where on the lake will you be staying?
[signature]
Over on the North East end near the outlet. I have had a couple of P.M's saying your the one to talk to. Do you fish there often? What do you recommend for a newbie to the lake?
[signature]
Hey isn't that where you caught that monster you gafted a few years ago ... hehe [Wink]

I think FG is going to slap me next time she sees me.
[signature]
I fish there any chance I get. I don't know if I would claim to know this lake, but each year it gets better and better.
Again I will say to stop at BS Flies in PaliSades and get a book and if you fly fish, listen to what they recommend.
MOST people do not get the lake the first time out, but I hope you can be one of the few that does....it can happen and what a rush!
Want to know more specifics, PM me cause I don't wanna give away all the secrets[laugh] or at least my secrets.
[signature]
I guess the ROCK-N-ROLL horns of the bull hold looked that way [Wink]
How do you pick up a 18 to 20 lb 34" hybrid that refuses to sit still LOL[laugh][laugh][laugh][cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Please reduce the size of your avatar picture. It is twice as large as allowable. Maximum 150 pixels wide.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I do not know but I would sure like to find out. I just have to give you a little massage board crap as I am envious.
[signature]
What about Jordanelle Majja? Anything happening up there?

Woops! no hi-jacking ment[Wink]
[signature]
Not the last time I went up. I am going to go to Pineview on Saturday it looks like. It is my Little bros daughters 2nd B-day, and my parents live up in Mt Green. So i figured I could go fish Pineview in the morning and make the party as so my wife does not kill me.

Sorry for jumping on the hijack.
[signature]
I will also be up there this weekend. We will be fishing Henry's in the mornings and then catching the afternoon hatch on the rivers. On the lake we will be in my 17' crestliner flyfishing, I also have no idea on bugs or technique as I have never been there. I'm thinking damsels and buggers on a sinking line, countdown and strip.... but any pointers to shorten the learning curve would be greatly appriciated.
[signature]
Hey we have a cabin on henrys lake. Henrys has some of the biggest fish in Idaho. I go up there every memorial day. The fishing is wonderful. There a some huge fish.... and this year is said to be one of the best seasons yet. I have spent alot of time on lake lake.

The best place to fish when you ge there is just off the cliffs. Hope you got a boat.... trolling is the best and most effective way. Just lake year my uncle pulled out a 32" 14lb brown trout.

If you have any questions let me know... oh and if you get a chance go up the inlet by the dam and fish the inlet....lots of fish.

[url "http://www.vrbo.com/112093"]Idaho Cabins - Cabin[/url] OUR CABIN

check out these fish..... [url "http://www.wildroseranch.com/Fishing/fishing.htm"]Fishing on Henry’s Lake, Idaho and the surrounding waters.[/url]
[signature]
I was also going to add, that if the fishing is slow at henry's you should head up to hebgen lake just a bout 15 min east of henry's as you are on your way to yellowtone... there is a dirt road on the south side of the road (can't remember the name) go about a mile or so back and there is a marina where you can launch. This an awesome lake very pretty to just cruise around and enjoy mother nature. There also are some nice fish in Hebgen!!
[signature]
BS flies is in Rexburg, Hebgen Lake you want to go to Madison Arm Resort. If you are using toon/tube there are places along the road you can launch. My avatar is taken at Hebgen Lake.
[signature]