Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humminbird 797 fish finder/gps
I have been looking pretty seriously at giving up my old lorance, and dropping a bit of cash down on the humminbird 797 model. I was just curious if any one has used this device? It does have the side imaging which is very impressive. Don't realy know if its worth the extra $300.00 or so to move up from the 787 model. If any one has some insight on this impressive unit I would sure like to know.

Also maybe some help on explaining the importance of such an expensive device to my wife.
[signature]
I can't help you with knowledge of this unit but I saw an article in the June, Field and Stream comparing several different units. The Humminbird they were looking at was the 787C21, so I'm sure it's different but it might help. Good luck. WH2
[signature]
most people trade a hummingbird ff for a lorance.[Tongue]
[signature]
I have the 997SI and love it, not sure how it compares to the 797 or 787. Click my profile and the view all my posts, I have a review posted somewhere in there.
[signature]
[reply]
most people trade a hummingbird off for a lorance.[Tongue] [/reply]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Yea, but I'll bet that trend is soon to change to the opposict direction.[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
I just bought the 787c2i. Right now, Humminbird is putting out the best products. Lowrance is at a diSadvantage for a few years cause Humminbird has the sole patents.

I went with the 787 cause it has an internal gps. I don't need imaging, so I went with this model. Mine came in yesterday. Now, I just need to find an expert to help me install it.

[signature]
IVE BEEN LOOKING INTO ONE AS WELL. JUST PICKED UP A 01 SMOKER CRAFT. IT HAS 2 FISH FINDERS BUT NO GPS. SO THIS POST IS PERFECT FOR ME AS WELL. THANX FOR ANY INFO GUY,S
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]What the heck does a bass guy need a GPS and fishfinder for? You fish shorelines! Just follow the shoreline back home![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]If you lived closer, Tommy, you could bring it by and we'd have her installed in no time at all. Heck, we'd even have time to fish Hyrum for a while![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I never fished Hyrum before. I might take you up on that in a couple weeks(I have to acquire a couple of custom parts).

I not really a bank beater. I love to fish off shore so I can mingle with the jetskiers.

[signature]
WHERE DID YA GET YRS FROM? AND WHAT WAS THE DAMMAGE? LOL THANX KEN
[signature]
I got on eBay for about $60 off of retail. I order it sunday night and got it weds.

[signature]
COOL THANX.
[signature]