Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILLARD The boils!!!
Left the south marina at 1 and headed for the island. Started marking fish right off and began catching them soon after. I caught 16 trolling the north side of the island on shad raps and rattle traps. They were on fire. After i had enough of the wipers i headed south to try and get an eye. Well i did but it was only 5" long.[mad] About 8:30 i decided to troll in to the marina and leave. Just as i got to the bouies i saw something foreign to mine eyes. BOILS!!!! All the way down the dike on both sides and righ up into the channel! I started casting a maniac minnow but they would not touch it. I got furious and wondered what the heck was going on. I finally saw why they wouldn't hit it. The shad fry were only 1- 1 1/2" long. The maniac is about 3". I dug out my crappie box and found a minnow looking grub and put it on. BAM! Fish on every cast. The whole spectrum of size from 6" to 20+. They had the shad clear up into the sand bars in 3 or 4" of water. I ended up with 27 for the day. It's on! Water temp was anywhere from 64* to 67* when i got there.[cool] Pics tomorrow.
[signature]
Hey Brody, now you've gone and done it, LOL

AFDan52
[signature]
Thanks for the confidence boost [Smile]. I will be hitting it hot and heavy for the next few days.
[signature]
Great report Brody, I'm sure surprised the shad have hatched already. I figured it wouldn't happen until the end of the June but these low water conditions change everything. No place for the fry to hide now, should be some good fishing for a while[Smile].
[signature]
Thanks for the boil update....one of my favorite times of year....like Christmas in June...
[signature]
Thanks for the post. I was trying to figure out whether I was going to go to pineview or willard this weekend and I think you made up my mind.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][Wink]Great on you, 1 ? for you was you in the AM or PM at 8:30? I am going out tonight about 0500PM to dark. and also in the morning.[laugh][/black][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the news. Boils, I see some thing small and shiny on the end of my line. I think i will try casting it in.
[signature]