Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation?
Does anybody know the best way to fish for Walleye on Starvation? What are the best areas on starvation to fish for walleye, and what should I use?
[signature]
Wait until mid summer when it really warms up. For numbers use small jigs tipped with a piece of worm on points and walls. Some guys like to use spinner rigs on the flats. For trophy hunting, chuck cranks and plugs right up to the rocks on summer nights. Try the Strawberry arm above the bridge, Rabbit Gulch and Saleratus.

Good Fishing

[Image: l33072.jpg]
[signature]
Still a lot of ice on the lake right now. It is breaking up and moving around. I would imagine it should be completely open within a week or two. I'm just waiting for the water to hit 37 degrees. Kayote gave you the right approach. The only thing I add is tubes early in the season. I live in Roosevelt, so I'm over there often. If you see a red ext. cab chev in the parking lot, look for an ancient red/white boat on the water. I don't know everthing about that lake, but I'd be happy to share what I do know.
[signature]
Only too add directly across the boat ramp, and the inlet tunnel of the duchesne river. Casting to the banks will get you smaller eyes and smallmouth bass. But the upside is you can catch fish regularly. Your bigger fish might come on cranks out deeper latter in the year, but the catch rate is much slower.
[signature]