Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tiger skunked again at the view / great smallie fishing.
Headed up to pineview 5/8 after work. Water temp 68 and weather was great. Fished from 6 till dark. Tried trolling and casting rapalas on the north and south side of cemetary for about 2 hours for muskies. NOTHING!!! After much frustration decided to go for smallies. Went down to the far north end and had a great time pulling in the smallies.
There also on the north end is a "fox hole." Enjoyed wathing two fox cubs playing on the north end of the bank while reeling in fish. Over all pulled in about 15 smallies using green, red, and white plastic grubs.(Sorry nothing picture worthy.) Even though I was skunked for musies again, I had great time on the water with very few Wake boarders.

Just a word of caution, the "fish cops" were out doing the rounds and inspections last night. I got stopped and thank goodness had all my ducks in a row!
[signature]
Too bad you did not find any willing muskie, I guess that is why they call them the fish of 10,000 cast but at least you found some willing smallies. I see from your post that you were out there the 5th month the 8th day is that right? Thanks for posting your report. WH2
[signature]