Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon 6/10/07
Today me Trout_slayer, and Fish_slayer all went up to East Canyon,because according to fishing board at Sportsman's Warehouse in Riverdale the fishing is HOT!!!, but the truth is that the only hot out there today was the sun. We got on the water at about 7 this morning and long lined for a while with no results. Then we tried some Rapalas for some bass with once again no luck. There were a few people catching some fish. It wasn't a bad day out on the lake besides no fish. Watch out for the jetskies in the no wake zone, and actually all over the lake they don't pay attention to anyone.

P.S. Trout_slayer made himself a new donation to the depths today. Does anyone have any tips for using dodgers. I tried one today, and all I caught was 2 snags on the bottom.
[signature]
If you would have thrown your pole in we may have caught something
[signature]
Yeah it was a nice day to be fishing that is for sure, now catching on the other hand..........whats that anyway??? Anyone know how to tie on "pop-gear"??? HAHAHA I think I know what I did on that one BGS. When I went to switch the kokanee killer out for something else on the end of the pop gear I actually cut the line from the pole to the pop gear rather than the pop gear to the kokanee killer. In other words when I put my pop gear over board it was never attached, just like a certain someone we know that likes to throw lures over board to chum with. Yeah those @$$hole jetskiers and waker boarders I tell you!!! To top the day off the wife and I just got back from driving around looking at houses (not to buy though) and we passed this guy and his little girl when WHACK!!!! I was like "what the F*&$", he threw a water balloon at my truck, so of course I backed up and had a NICE verbal talk with him, what a punk and a very good role model for his little girl!!! He was about 10 seconds from an @$$ whooopin but Griffin 4, my Pro-Super was standing there talking to this @$$, so I guess I will here it from him tomorrow.
TS
[signature]
Geez, how's your truck! [shocked]
[signature]
Truck is fine of course, its just the fact that I just paid $47,000 for it on Thursday and I didnt really appreciate the fact that some [url "mailto:dumb@$$"]dumb@$$[/url] wants to be cool in front of his 3 year old!!!
TS
[signature]
God I'm surprised that truck didn't BLOW UP!!!!! It is a chevy. I would have kicked someone's A$$ for that crap. Especially the 3 year old. LOL. I called Cliff tonight at 11:30 to try to get tomorrow off. He was sober so it didn't work.

P.S. I threw enough poles in on saturday for the year!!!!!
[signature]
So did the Black and White boat with the Launcher decals non the sides give you as bad a time as me?
The problem with EC is that it's just too small for fishing and skiers at the same time. We fished in the narrow spot on the South side and there isn't any room for boats to travel over wakeless speeds there.
East Canyon will have problems until they make the whole place wakeless, and that will never happen!
I guess that I will just have to stay away from there till the ice pushes the skiers off.
[signature]
Take a tube or toon out and fish inside the wakeless areas and you don't even notice the jet-skis or wakeboards. Just the occasional boater who doesn't understand the wakeless thing and comes cruising in sending my tube to the shore!

Can't say there are a few area I'd like to get to across the lake though but would have to kick a long ways...

I went out saturday after work and got there at about 5ish. My methods from the previous weeks seem to be failing now so switched to dark tube jigs. Never have had much luck with tube jigs, but that all changed this weekend. The jigs were doing really well for the smallies. Best areas seemed to be along rocky shorelines with vegetation not too far away. Got plenty of smaller fish, but seems the bigger ones from the previous weeks seemed to have returned to the depths... Need to find where they're hiding out now...
[signature]
I hit the canyon the same day with trout intentions but couldn't keep the bass the hook. All of them small and in the rocks near the dam. I launched the toon at the little pull off by the dam untill I also got chased off by the waverunner crew. Caught one little trout that was raised by a family of bass. fishlicker [sly]
[signature]
Taking a tube/toon inside the wakeless areas would not serve you anymore justice than fishing from a boat. You have to understand that these wakeboard boats and jetski's were IN THE NO WAKE ZONE tearing it up. Worst part of it is the fact that they would come right by the boat and wave or Smile. Bluegillslayer and I both had 3 1/2 oz. lead weights ready to fire at them, but we held back. Now my Dad on the other hand, if you are a jet skiier you better not get near his boat. He has a rod and reel with a weighted trebell (spell check not working) hook dedicated to the common jetskiier/waterskiier/wakeboarder @$$holes that have no respect for a fisherman. He even says if he sees one IN the water he'll return the favor and fly right by them in his boat, his excuse??? "Well, if they cant see me in my 18' fishing boat than I cant see their little orange flag flying in the air"!!! Look out dont wanna piss old pop's off!!!
TS

P.S. And I have seen my dad cast that "dedicated" rod/reel combo, and it wasnt for practice either!!![Wink]
[signature]
just obvivious to any rules or regulations then huh. The whole weighted treble hook think has been tempting, but would be afriad to seriously injure anyone. Even a 1-2 oz sinker to the dome of these people would probably be enough to teach 'em. I've hit a few boats back in colorado while fishing at Boulder Reservoir. They'd come back to 'chat' all ticked off. Ridiculous though. They got a whole reservoir but always had to cruise between me and the shore. I'd really like to see one too close to shore and nail a rock at full speed! Now that would be fulfilling!

My previous comment was primarily to profess my love of belly boating, not justify these douches.
[signature]
[cool]Beggin4bass and I fished there on Saturday a.m. and he caught 6 smallies and I only caught two, but one was a 3 pound 15 incher. That fish was a lot of fun! Also saw Bassrods there with his tournement partner fishing a tourney. They were having about the same luck as us at the time... I'll try to post a pic of that 15 inch smallie. Man he was a pretty fish...
[signature]
Ahhhh, East Canyon. From 1991 thru about 2004 I spent many a summer Saturday there Wakeboarding and Waterskiing and bobbing and relaxing, etc. Even had a ski boat in a slip up there that we would go up and use between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on weekdays before work.
We were actually some of the considerate ones, and when it got too crowded (around 10:00 a.m. on any Saturday) that is when we put the boards and ski's away and just anchored or bobbed and swam or relaxed in the wakeless zones. That lake is really just too little. I personally think most of it should be a wakeless zone (like that narrow channel between the two ends of the lake...).
I didn't fish back then, but I was always considerate to the fisherman anyway.
That is why we bought a ski boat (5 of us guys) and put it in the slip up there. For $45.00 a month, all we had to do was carpool up in something with a trailer hitch and we had the lake to ourselves any weekday between 6 a.m and 9 a.m. before work. I miss those days. I converted to fishing when I was spending more time healing than boarding or skiing!
I understand there are supposed to be a lot of bass in there now. But I haven't tried. Has always been pretty good for trout, but when they started having anchorworms I stopped fishing there for food. Since I'm trying to get into bass fishing and don't really keep them to eat, I might start hitting EC again, and I'm sure I'll be yelling at the [url "mailto:#@!%"]#@!%[/url] waterskiers and wakeboarders and jetskiers (never liked the jetskiers...)

By the way, I also fly off the handle when somebody disrespects my truck. Whether it causes any damage or not is beside the point. I would have yelled also. When I detail my truck I spend 3 hours of MY time on it. I'd be chapped if someone threw a water balloon at my freshly detailed truck!

On a side note, just based on your BFT names, the "Trout", "Bluegill" and "Fish" should have been scared!

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Colorado? That is where I am from and that is where my Dad still lives, so if you are fishing in Colorado in the near future and you see a guy casting a weighted hook at a jetskiier than that jetskiier got a little too close.
TS
[signature]
I'll keep an eye out for ya next time I'm in Colorado. I actually grew up in Leadville Colorado, went to college in Boulder and worked for a couple years in Wesminster prior to moving out here. Been in Utah for just about a year now. I still have a lot of family in CO too.

I need to get back there soon and hit up some of my favorite spots. Sight fishing 5lb bass near boulder. Dry fly fishing for Macks at Turquoise. Nymphing the Arkansas headwaters... Man do I miss those places...
[signature]
Yeah I am from Pueblo and I feel your pain as far as missing Colorado. I agree with the Arkansas river, but I have to add the Wipers in Pueblo Res., the MONSTER Trout in Eleven Mile and Spinney, Macs at Blue Mesa, MONSTER Browns at Taylor. Just a great fishing state all over!!!
TS
[signature]